GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R flamed by MRK 6 GTI

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
this is also my thought, good on him even if I was not best amused at the time. How much he must have enjoyed the moment

Chillax:) remap your golf R at stage 1, you'll give a stage 2 GTI at worse a good run for his money, Go stage 2 you'll smoke him.

ReAn

Passed Driver's Ed
Chillax:) remap your golf R at stage 1, you'll give a stage 2 GTI at worse a good run for his money, Go stage 2 you'll smoke him.

:) cheers
I'll be laughing when his engine will blow up sooner or later

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
:) cheers
I'll be laughing when his engine will blow up sooner or later

Well there are some pretty well done stage 2 out there, if properly tuned and well maintained a stage 2 GTI remains pretty reliable.
and...If the guy was stage 3, u might need to take yours to stage 2

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
its probably because the 4wd eats up horsepower esp. on the highway

Coopaloop

Passed Driver's Ed
does anyone else think the detroits look like THE sickest rims when the wheels are turning really fast?

Jimmer1

Ready to race!
^ agreed on the Detroits. That aside, I also think that a drag race is the most neolithic way to say 'my car is faster than your car'. Try both on the Nurburgring and see who's fastest - pretty sure the dynamics of the AWD will come into their own. FWD is fine with moderate power output, but it's a poor second to rear drive, and when combined with 300+ HP it's just bonkers to expect to turn and put that power down efficiently at the same time.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
hey guys, but how many of u can persuade that chipping will be worth it? I mean at the end of the day whose car is gonna be still running smoothly functional and last??? The chip will increase wear of the engine faster and void warranty. The way I see things ur paying to void warranty and potentially risk damaging the engine. I'd rather just change intake, valves, strenghten the engine before chipping, can u see from my perspective?

zbeasty

Passed Driver's Ed
In Australia at least they have to be able to prove that the modifications caused the problem that you are claiming on warranty. Given the R has strong internals unless you wind the boost up to some ridicolous level you should do no damage to the motor by chipping. AFAIK the chips are mostly playing with fuel levels and all of the dynos I've seen are maintaining very conservative AFR's so there should be no pinging due to being lean. If you have DSG there might be some concern with the strength of the box but people have been having problems with standard power so would be hard for VW to argue that the increased power caused the problem.

For the OP a DP and tune and the GTI won't see which way you went. I've already done a 13.1 for the quarter in mine and we've still got more work to do.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
shahabdin,

As long as you take care of the car and not push it 24/7 constantly, i don't see where the problem would be, people have been tuning these cars since forever IMO

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
hey guys, but how many of u can persuade that chipping will be worth it? I mean at the end of the day whose car is gonna be still running smoothly functional and last??? The chip will increase wear of the engine faster and void warranty. The way I see things ur paying to void warranty and potentially risk damaging the engine. I'd rather just change intake, valves, strenghten the engine before chipping, can u see from my perspective?

Nope, these cars have been tuned every which way and no one can prove that any main stream tuner's product has caused engine issues. Some vw's are running around with 100k + with tunes so as long as your not going after some un proven tune you should be ok.

JP