GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Golf R DSG swap?

cayr20t

Currently either have to rebuild and reinforce my 02Q trans in my Mk6 R, or get everything to do a DSG swap which is what I plan to do.

If anyone out there has some pointers or a list of everything I would need to do the swap that'd be awesome.

I do understand it's alot of work, time, & money. But that's fine with me, I'm more mechanically inclined and have a VW technician handy if I need him. So figuring everything out wouldn't be a huge deal.

Please don't say "just get a Mk7 R with DSG" or anything in that nature, cause I won't listen lol
Mainly looking for a list.

Thanks everyone!

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Hi There.
I love your idea, I think this will be the new trend in the VDUB used car segment. A year or more ago, I saw someone from APR who sold his & the guy well documented the process. If I see the link I send it to you and good luck! :thumbsup:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I have a used 02E awd, the gears are broken but the stage 3 tuned mech unit and wavetrac lsd is good. I have the shifter as well that you would need for the swap.

It will hold 550hp+ no issue on oem clutches with this tune. Feel free to PM me.

You need a DSG, starter, DSG flywheel that fits FSI, and t-case may or may not be different, I believe the dsg one has a different shaft. Shifter and wiring. I have done a manual to awd dsg swap on my gti.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion