LED Headlights in Stock Halogen Housing

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks - we appreciate it.

We have many happy customers running this setup without blinding glare so that is all we can ask for - something people like and enjoy without adding to the blinding glare problem we unfortunately see daily on the road.
in the install video on your website for that item. The guy said he bought some adapters to be used (the metal ones)... Do we need to buy adapters to install as well or are the included in the kit?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
in the install video on your website for that item. The guy said he bought some adapters to be used (the metal ones)... Do we need to buy adapters to install as well or are the included in the kit?

For our LED kit everything is an all-in-one headlight design so no metal adapters need to be purchased. We are not sure what he meant but can help if we know more information.

In this thread they are using aftermarket LEDs with an aftermarket adapter - no need for any of that with our LED kit found here:
http://deautokey.com/product/new-le...olf-gof-sportwagen-alltrack-jsw-tiguan-passat

This is made for the reflector housing and has a built in adapter in the bulb so it is no hassle - really twist/lock and you are set. The cut-off is great and mimics the halogen but with a brighter clean white light.

95tequesta

Passed Driver's Ed
This is made for the reflector housing and has a built in adapter in the bulb so it is no hassle - really twist/lock and you are set. The cut-off is great and mimics the halogen but with a brighter clean white light.

I am not getting the cut-off that mimics the halogen. I'm getting a scattering light up to the right that is annoyingly bright .

I am currently in communication with deauto.com about a different angle for HELLA OEM brand headlights. We believe the new lights they are sending me will fix this issue. They're customer service is very prompt.

Last edited:

JNF1283

I am not getting the cut-off that mimics the halogen. I'm getting a scattering light up to the right that is annoyingly bright .

Curious about this. Have you tried removing the bulb and turning it 180 degrees, then reinstalling it in that position? I have watched videos where that was done and corrected beam patterns that were off due to the orientation of the bulbs being off. And to those declaring that LED bulbs are automatically going to scatter the light and 'blind everyone', you seem to be comparing LEDs to HIDs...is this even a fair comparison? Have you actually any documented proof that this is an absolute? I've seen LEDs in halogen headlamps before that did not 'blind everyone', so this seems like a baseless assumption...

I understand the obnoxiousness of the HIDs in halogen housings, because there are a few lifted trucks around my area that run HIDs in halogen housings and I feel a profound hatred for these individuals myself, but I think people are jumping to conclusions here based on their own personal biases.

95tequesta

Passed Driver's Ed
Curious about this. Have you tried removing the bulb and turning it 180 degrees, then reinstalling it in that position? I have watched videos where that was done and corrected beam patterns that were off due to the orientation of the bulbs being off. And to those declaring that LED bulbs are automatically going to scatter the light and 'blind everyone', you seem to be comparing LEDs to HIDs...is this even a fair comparison? Have you actually any documented proof that this is an absolute? I've seen LEDs in halogen headlamps before that did not 'blind everyone', so this seems like a baseless assumption...

I understand the obnoxiousness of the HIDs in halogen housings, because there are a few lifted trucks around my area that run HIDs in halogen housings and I feel a profound hatred for these individuals myself, but I think people are jumping to conclusions here based on their own personal biases.

Go figure it out for yourself, I'm not going to waste my time on someone like you.

Bless your heart!

Last edited: