GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAR KEEPS GOING INTO LIMP MODE WITH TUNE

reeseheckman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out here. I have a 2012 GTI with basically full bolt ons (still k03) and i’ve been running the stratified flash tune for a while with no issues, I recently had the fuel injector in cylinder 3 get stuck open and it flooded the motor after trying to turn it over, the car got towed to the shop and they replaced all 4 injectors, the injector seals, all 4 spark plugs, and charged the oil. After getting the car back (still on stratified tune) it ran fine until the next day it went into limp mode while i was driving and basically wouldn’t let me give the car gas no matter how hard i pressed the pedal. it also gave me the code for ECM/PCM processor. I pulled over and tuned the car back to the stock tune and it’s been running fine ever since. This seems to only happen when i tune it back to the stratified tune, and it did it again while i was on the freeway except only the EPC light came on and no CEL. If this has happened to anyone else please let me know what it could be i really appreciate it, Thanks!!

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys i was wondering if someone could help me out here. I have a 2012 GTI with basically full bolt ons (still k03) and i’ve been running the stratified flash tune for a while with no issues, I recently had the fuel injector in cylinder 3 get stuck open and it flooded the motor after trying to turn it over, the car got towed to the shop and they replaced all 4 injectors, the injector seals, all 4 spark plugs, and charged the oil. After getting the car back (still on stratified tune) it ran fine until the next day it went into limp mode while i was driving and basically wouldn’t let me give the car gas no matter how hard i pressed the pedal. it also gave me the code for ECM/PCM processor. I pulled over and tuned the car back to the stock tune and it’s been running fine ever since. This seems to only happen when i tune it back to the stratified tune, and it did it again while i was on the freeway except only the EPC light came on and no CEL. If this has happened to anyone else please let me know what it could be i really appreciate it, Thanks!!

Happened to me last year. Also flooded my engine trying to troubleshoot the problem. It was boost leak from my Turbo Outlet Pipe.

reeseheckman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm thanks for the reply, my car is hitting the correct boost levels according to my accessport it must have something to do with the new injectors or spark plugs (maybe they got replaced with different ones)?

zrickety

The Fixer
Sounds like a bad ecu, but I could be wrong.