GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modest build

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
[emoji106]

Like the rear seat delete and fog deletes. Thinking about using some of that air for brake ducting?

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
[emoji106]

Like the rear seat delete and fog deletes. Thinking about using some of that air for brake ducting?

I like it more for the airflow around the fmic. If you keep the wheel well access panels on the air looks to flow more around the fmic piping. Maybe for track day I'll swap

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Fluidampr Pulley

So at last I got around to getting my fluidampr pulley installed. I, like many others, picked one up on the group buy "that shall not be named."

I was really excited with this piece. I recently detuned my car from the 93 map to the 91 and the power loss was pretty massive. I went from spinning tires in second to hooking in first at a roll. So ive been looking for anyway to gain that power back despite being in cali with shitty gas. Water/Meth was the obvious choice but there are too many variables for me to be comfortable at this moment. Not to mention my clutch is rated at 400 ft lbs and im at 392 clutch tq on 93

A few reviews of this product surfaced and I got pretty pumped. Perfect gains without putting too much strain on my clutch.

Installation:

This is definitely a job I would normally do myself but i reading that a certain tool was required and w/o it there is a chance you can mess up timing I decided to air on the side of caution and have the guys at AU Tuning take care of the hard work.

They did the job in an hour and I was on my way

fluidampr 1.jpg
fluidapr 2.jpg

Impressions:

I freaking love it. The first thing i noticed was that i have a bad wheel bearing in my rear left wheel (actually AU Tuning picked up on it too). I had missed it until the install because NVH and exhaust drowned out the noise. This pulley really calmed down all the engine noise; particularly at 70-80 on the freeway.

The power is back too. No dyno results here but I went from being unable to spin in second to chirping once more (again on the 91 map).

This is a great product and a must for all us FBO guys

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Suprising to hear about the highway noise. I don't even notice engine noise on the highway with my summers on. The tires are typically too loud (even PSS). Was it really that significant?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Suprising to hear about the highway noise. I don't even notice engine noise on the highway with my summers on. The tires are typically too loud (even PSS). Was it really that significant?

It was for me... my mounts seem to make alot more noise as my RPM is on the rise. I usually hold about 3k RPM doing about 70-80. Im on S-04 pole positions too.

But yea when i rolled up the windows it was so clear i had a bad wheel bearing. Never noticed it before...

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Oh I forgot about motor mounts. I'm still on stock mounts so that's probably a big factor.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Oh I forgot about motor mounts. I'm still on stock mounts so that's probably a big factor.

Ahh yea this would explain it. Definitely recommend some mounts to keep the car pointed straight on launches and pulls.

034 street density are the best compromise between stiffness and los nvh

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
^^ Yep they're on my list. Them and the Vibratronics subframe pucks.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Bought myself some Cyber Monday gifts since the deals were pretty damn good.

First up is the BFI Schwartz shift knob
bfi-heavy-weight-shift-knob-schwarz-full-billet-vw-audi-fitment-4.jpg

I went with this knob over the (now) more popular Raceseng Slammer almost for one reason alone. That reason is when i showed my wife the Raceseng she said it looked like a vibrator... from that point I could not unsee. Hahaha.

All kidding aside I love the design of the BFI shifter. The crest looks super clean and fits the other trim pieces of the car; whereas most shifters seem to clash or look out of place with the car.

Installation:

Installation was super easy... 2/10 at best. Even that being said I is a bummer that I had to look up a DIY rather than have some simple instructions placed in the box.

Taking off the shifter boot is simple. I used a long thin screw driver (in lieu of a trim tool) being being very careful not to damage the surrounding trim.
IMG_20151202_201121944.jpg
Once the boot is inverted I went to town on the metal clamp with my Gerber
IMG_20151202_202024812.jpg
Once that clamp is mangled and loose you just pull straight up on the OEM shifter and it comes free.

The BFI pieces uses set screws. The biggest piece of advice i can give is wait to install the crest until AFTER the shifter is in place. If you dont you will be dicking with the "proper position" for way too long.

Once the set screws are properly tighten you can begin to set up the boot. Now they pack a metal clamp with the kit but it was a "once and done" item. Needless to say i buggered it up so i used a zip tie and filed down the end so it wouldnt wear through my boot.
IMG_20151202_203909768.jpg

Finished product:
IMG_20151202_205454779.jpg

Impressions

I love the feel and design of this piece. It looks OEM+ and ergonomically makes more sense than the cheap OEM plastic shifter. I do wish there was a little more weight to the shifter but at 250grams it still does the job

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
Bought myself some Cyber Monday gifts since the deals were pretty damn good.

First up is the BFI Schwartz shift knob
View attachment 51264

I went with this knob over the (now) more popular Raceseng Slammer almost for one reason alone. That reason is when i showed my wife the Raceseng she said it looked like a vibrator... from that point I could not unsee. Hahaha.

All kidding aside I love the design of the BFI shifter. The crest looks super clean and fits the other trim pieces of the car; whereas most shifters seem to clash or look out of place with the car.

Installation:

Installation was super easy... 2/10 at best. Even that being said I is a bummer that I had to look up a DIY rather than have some simple instructions placed in the box.

Taking off the shifter boot is simple. I used a long thin screw driver (in lieu of a trim tool) being being very careful not to damage the surrounding trim.
View attachment 51265
Once the boot is inverted I went to town on the metal clamp with my Gerber
View attachment 51266
Once that clamp is mangled and loose you just pull straight up on the OEM shifter and it comes free.

The BFI pieces uses set screws. The biggest piece of advice i can give is wait to install the crest until AFTER the shifter is in place. If you dont you will be dicking with the "proper position" for way too long.

Once the set screws are properly tighten you can begin to set up the boot. Now they pack a metal clamp with the kit but it was a "once and done" item. Needless to say i buggered it up so i used a zip tie and filed down the end so it wouldnt wear through my boot.
View attachment 51267

Finished product:
View attachment 51268

Impressions

I love the feel and design of this piece. It looks OEM+ and ergonomically makes more sense than the cheap OEM plastic shifter. I do wish there was a little more weight to the shifter but at 250grams it still does the job

really nice shifter knob, and cool you posted a walk thru. I need to file down my zip tie, wish that I thought of that. :thumbsup:

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
For months now I have been wanting a legitimate front lip for my car. Most of the time I make pretty decisive choices and stick by them but this is one purchase that has been difficult for me.

The big dilemma was finding one that was more than just cosmetic. While i no longer do sustained 110-130mph speeds on the autobahn I wanted one that actually adds some downforce to the front of the car. However I didnt want it to get too "ricey."

Looking out on the market there are alot of options i bounced around. Neuspeed, OEM, Rieger, ECS tuning and even a custom build.

Neuspeeds is just too expensive IMO; OEM is lacking in both function and looks; Rieger's is difficult to come by and requires painting; and the custom build was just a bit overboard for what i needed.

So I went with ECS tuning's new product:
664371_x800.jpg

So this looks like the ED35 front end which i really like. According to the website's original post it was a simple purchase that came with everything needed to install.

This was far from the truth; though I didnt find out until after purchasing the product. Once I got it and tried to marry it up underneath the bumper i realized I was missing a few things.

I contacted ECS tuning to tell them and their representative on the forum (Andy) was great help. Their website sales rep (Dave) was a different story. Regardless I had to figure out on my own what i needed. I bought some extra crap unfortunately in the process but long story short I needed 5 speednuts and corresponding bolts; also 4 t20 (or t25) screws.

Had to fab the bottom a bit to get the speednuts on but it worked. Finished product:
IMG_20151217_140651091_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151217_141949984.jpg