GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the best straight pipe combination for my mk6 VW Golf 2.5

itsVortexTV

I am looking to make my car louder on a budget. I know, ricer alert! lmao. I have seen a few videos on YouTube of a straight pipe on my car and they sound pretty good. I was wondering if anyone knew which muffler and resignation I should take off so I can tell the muffler shop to do it and weld a pipe onto it. However I don't want a lot of drone since I will have to be doing some 500 mile drives soon. What do you guys think? Thanks!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
If you go straight pipe, you'll have drone. Plain and simple.

I have a 3" exhaust with a 200 cel cat, resonator delete, single magnaflow muffler, and it drops to 2.5" at the split out to 4" tips, and I have some drone on the highway. It is quiet enough that I can just turn up the radio some and not hear it while still not blowing out my eardrums

Weakspecs

Ready to race!
yea if you go strait pipe you'll definitely have drone.

i have the 3" gti eurojet cat-back and i had the middle resonator (after the cat) taken out. so all i really have is the cat and eurojet muffler and i still get minor drone but only on the freeway. but like ncsugray said i just turn the radio up and its no problem.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
You could just delete the middle muffler, the second from the back and it give a bit more noise, it's not too loud, but it's noticable. Pretty cheap too. What the guy above said sounds awesome, have heard that setup and it's Lamborghini status lol

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Do you think there will be a lot of drone if I do the middle muffler?

Nope, you will hear the exhaust if you punch it, and its noticeable on the highway if you really listen for it, but nothing that would give you a headache.

Do you think the eurojet exhaust is my best bet?

Yes, it shouldn't drone on the highway. AWE also sounds killer, but it's much louder, and I have heard some complain of the drone.