GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 2 flash/still CEL

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
OK, so I put the downpipe on Saturday and immediately threw a cel. Figured that would happen. I noticed that the cel was still there when I drove away from getting the Stage 2 flash. It still hadn't gone away after about 45 minutes so I used the fault code erase. Shouldn't the light have been off with the tune alone? If so I suppose I'll have to run by Autozone.

Also: Didn't really notice much, if any difference between Stage 1 w/ dp and Stage 2. Maybe a tad smoother.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
You wont pass with test pipe file it fails for readiness. Did your tuner know you have a catless downpipe?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I understand that. I just wanted to know if stage 2 should have cleared that cel immediately or if I need to find out whether i messed up the dp install somehow. And I don't think it makes a difference whether the pipe is catless or not becuase either way it would throw a cel w/o test pipe file.

yunone

Ready to race!
OK, so I put the downpipe on Saturday and immediately threw a cel. Figured that would happen. I noticed that the cel was still there when I drove away from getting the Stage 2 flash. It still hadn't gone away after about 45 minutes so I used the fault code erase. Shouldn't the light have been off with the tune alone? If so I suppose I'll have to run by Autozone.

Also: Didn't really notice much, if any difference between Stage 1 w/ dp and Stage 2. Maybe a tad smoother.

so you say the difference was slight going from stage 1 to stage 2? is it possible the flash was unsuccessful?

the reading i have done tells me the difference is noticeable and the top end rips so much harder with stage 2

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
so you say the difference was slight going from stage 1 to stage 2? is it possible the flash was unsuccessful?

the reading i have done tells me the difference is noticeable and the top end rips so much harder with stage 2

I suppose its possible. Im gonna stop by autozone tomorrow to see why the cel is there i guess. If its the o2 censor its gotta be a problem w the tune. Have you guys ever heard of the ecu not taking the tune and they have to pull it out every time?

mcgti6

Ready to race!
I had the same cel stay on after my apr stage 2 flash. I think its normal. so I had a friend w/ vagcom turn it off. not sure how he did it tho. I also had the testpipe file put on my car. since its been turned off, it has nvr come back. it drove normal from the start, BUT I have heard of ppl goin slow for the first 50 miles or so cuz the car is relearning the ecu... idk if thats really the right way to put it but ya see what im sayin?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I had the same cel stay on after my apr stage 2 flash. I think its normal. so I had a friend w/ vagcom turn it off. not sure how he did it tho. I also had the testpipe file put on my car. since its been turned off, it has nvr come back. it drove normal from the start, BUT I have heard of ppl goin slow for the first 50 miles or so cuz the car is relearning the ecu... idk if thats really the right way to put it but ya see what im sayin?

I got ya, thanks! I guess it's an excuse to go out drivin...:thumbup:

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Ooooook, so I went to Autozone and had 'em read out the diagnostics. It was a MAF sensor/massive vacuum leak. Anybody already know what it was? Yeah we forgot to plug the sensor back into the intake, lol.(feeling stupid). Super happy though. This thing pulls like a beast through the mid/upper rpm range now. I knew something was wrong!! Also no more CEL. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MooreHeat

Ready to race!
Nice! For the record I still had a CEL after my Stage 2. I let it be for a while, it never went away. I ran fault code erase and it hasn't come back with over 500 miles since my tune.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Nice! For the record I still had a CEL after my Stage 2. I let it be for a while, it never went away. I ran fault code erase and it hasn't come back with over 500 miles since my tune.

Yeah, once I plugged the sensor back in I had to do the fault code erase (courtesy of APR) and it hasn't come back. Before I plugged it in I had to erase it every time I started the car.

Just found out that my Twintake will be shipped Thursday. That should improve mpg and open up the top even more. Then I'll be set for the next year or two. K04 after suspension 'n all that.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I did a mid rpm wot to get in the right lane . Apr stage 2 ...and for the first time I get a CEL. I also wanted to note that this stupid wool under my hood called the insulator is leaning on my MAF sensor . But it's been doing that even before I was stage 1 or 2. Anyone one of a good cheap diagnostic tool ? Good for mk6 gti? I know Vag com is probably the most expensive and I'll get that later on