GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
bentegrity
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Golf R two-door
Oil from oil cap

I have a 2012 Golf R 6 speed, 92.3k miles on it. It has the APR Boost tap connected to a gauge (from previous owner). Anyhow, I helped jumpstart a friendís car a few days ago and noticed the line going from the tap to the gauge was a bit in the way of the plastic battery cover so I had to move it. Didnít think much of it, thought I returned it to the right place. A couple of days later, I notice I got a bit of oil spray from my oil cap. I know thatís commonly an indicator of a bad PCV valve. Itís happened on two drives in a row so I thought it must be completely locked up. I get home and try the test of removing the oil cap while idling and the car cannot idle when cap is removed, there is a noticeable vacuum. My understanding was that if the PCV is bad, then it would idle as normal without the oil cap. I have an APR Catch Can on the way to eliminate this issue for good but my car is my daily so I wanted to post in here to see if anyone had any advice or insight as to whatís going on or if Iím on the right track. Maybe if youíre in the Austin/San Antonio area and have a spare working PCV valve to hand off any help is appreciated

Last edited by bentegrity; 05-05-2018 at 03:32 PM.
bentegrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #2
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Lightbulb

I did this post a couple days ago, it maybe of help you, to check the PCV diaphragm. You may find one at your local Autoparts Store.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116030

Good luck!

EDIT: They all seem to use the same part but I could be wrong, as I never seen a Golf R up close.

Last edited by MLue1; 05-05-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: I could be wrong, as I never seen an R up close.
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote