GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

lsd for dsg?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
the way that i see it is you spend 3k on K04 or 3K on LSD. I am already stage 1 and a DP away from stage 2. should i go LSD and be smart about getting the 250HP to the ground or go K04 and just fight to get 325HP to the ground..... decisions... right now LSD is a smart choice as i feel the car is fast enough for my driving and what i do when i am driving. a K04 would just mean more one tire fire...

Makes sense to me since it's FWD. I think I'll be doing the diff first. With that much more grip it'll probably feel close to a K04 from a dig anyway...and it'll corner better. Plus I should at least have coilovers and sway bars (hopefully mounts too) by then so after that I'm gonna wait for the BT. Thanks guys.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Another thing to think about is the LSD is one of those parts you can't really part out when or if you ever sell the car. At least turbos, suspension etc can be removed and the cost of labor is less than what the part is worth.

In this case labor to remove would be more than the part is worth.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Makes sense to me since it's FWD. I think I'll be doing the diff first. With that much more grip it'll probably feel close to a K04 from a dig anyway...and it'll corner better. Plus I should at least have coilovers and sway bars (hopefully mounts too) by then so after that I'm gonna wait for the BT. Thanks guys.
A LSD will not magically transform your car, especially a MK6 which has XDS. I would get a K04 or another turbo upgrade first.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
A LSD will not magically transform your car, especially a MK6 which has XDS. I would get a K04 or another turbo upgrade first.

Hmmm, that makes a little more sense, lol. It's a tough decision since I'm not rich by any means, and will probably end up reselling the car within a couple years after it's paid off. The grip would be really nice though. And I've read that the diff grips enough that the XDS doesn't need to do its job. Can't remember where I read it though.

T-Quinn

Ready to race!
I think an LSD is unnecessary. I agree with PRND, a K04 is worth it. Doo it!

Last edited:

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Just do the xds mod for now vua vagcom... Set it to the same setting found on the GTI 35 edition...

Then later if funds permit upgrade to the new wavetrack that works on DSG.

Where and how? I could use something now and I'm only stage 2 w/o an intake. Sorry if it's a newb question, buuuuut...I am.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Where and how? I could use something now and I'm only stage 2 w/o an intake. Sorry if it's a newb question, buuuuut...I am.

Find someone local through the forum who has a VagCom cable or see if the shop you got your APR tune from will do it for you. Some shops won't charge you especially since you have bought stuff from them.

bvlgari

Ready to race!
I have that Peloquin DSG LSD shiped to me months back sitting there doing nothing.. i'm hesitating if i should go ahead to install or wait till anything goes wrong to the gear box only proceed..

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I wanna LSD too,def. I know,as soon as you use it: you may like to go bigger than a K04.That's when it comes to think if you wanna reinforce the gearbox once opened for the LSD install and do this in just one shot.

-Money:A lot.
-Keep the car:probably.
-Good platform: probably not unless you wanna go sleeper.
DSG software:Yes,it should be before the LSD,to have a better feel of the car before to invest all that money.
-Do you need if for a K04:Not as much as we think.

-I'm sure it will be nice as well stupid expensive & extremely rewarding.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Mounts, Suspension, and Tires will go a very long way before you need an LSD

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
SPS DSG clutch packs are garbage, its much cheaper and more effective to just add additional shims inside of the DSG. Best of all its been tested to 600whp+ via TMSracing, MrBikle, and Zevion

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
SPS DSG clutch packs are garbage, its much cheaper and more effective to just add additional shims inside of the DSG. Best of all its been tested to 600whp+ via TMSracing, MrBikle, and Zevion

And yet APR Australia uses them. I have seen misleading things and not sure who or what to believe. Some say SPS is crap, some say HPA is crap for DSG tunes some say United Motorsport or Unitronic DSG tunes are crap and then there are people who swear by them. At least when I had a Honda it was pretty well accepted who was a good v. bad tuner.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
All the BT MKV guys (FSI and VRT) say SPS is crap, and overpriced

Fro my understanding the old UM stuff was crap, till they hired on their new lead tuner (sorry cant remember his name). MrBikle and TMSRacing both use custom DSG tunes from him and they are both 600whp

IMHO Unitronic/Eurojet/Revo/Stasis/whateverthehellyouwanttocallthem all went to shit when they merged.

I have heard bad things about HPA recently, but they were the first to do DSG tunes and basically pioneered all of that and even did quite a bit of work with VW. I've caught bits and pieces of their initial involvement with VW and their decline, but things went south well after they had engineered the DSG tunes.

I am in the middle of the Midwest with NO available DSG tuners and happened to be in Denver Colorado late last year and got tuned while I was there by 3zero3 Motorsports. I love my HPA tune, is it the best? hell i unno, but its been great for the last 4 months.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Not sure where to go myself. Debating between AWE since they have already released their DSG tune or APR. In my area APR is much more represented, but they have yet to release their DSG tune.