GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Multiple Directions, One Goal - George11's GTI

George11

Ready to race!
My car is a reflection of me, I have picked up random hobbies and done different things though my ultimate goal was to improve. So with my the GTI, I have done non-functional aesthetic changes, functional changes for the track and convenience changes for daily driving the ultimate goal was to improve the car.

Objective:
To improve the cars performance to a reasonable point for track days where I can still enjoy it daily. I have recently had a resurgence of building the car at the end of 2015.

Future plans:
Wilwood BBK - Possiblity
034 Motorsport Rear Trailing Arm Upgrade

Completed changes:
Exterior:
LED Tails
Clear Side Markers
Cool Blue parking lights
Notch-free hood
Fog light delete

Interior:
Auto Power Roll Bar
Cobra Suzuka Pro-Fit drivers seat
Schroth Profi iii 6 point
Dash Storage Cubby
Bold Sport Auto Lights
Stealth Garage / Gate opener

Engine/Drivetrain:
Stage 2 tune
Neuspeed P-flo
APR Stage 2 intake
42 Draft Designs Downpipe
Custom Exhaust with Magnaflow muffler
Spulen Oil Catch Can
APR short shifter
034 Motorsport Shifter Linkage Bushings
HS tuning clutch
Wavetrac LSD
Upgraded to late model tensioner
Wortec Oil Pan

Handling - Wheels / Suspension:
Koni Coilovers
SuperPro Front LCA
Neuspeed Front Sway Bar
Neuspeed 28mm Race Rear Sway Bar w/ reinforcement plats
Whiteline Front Endlinks
034 Motorsport Dogbone Insert
034 Motorsport Engine / Trans mounts
Tyrol Sport Subframe kit
Rennline Inc - Stud Conversion
Motorsport Hardware Lug Nuts - Titan Cold Forged Alloy Steel Race nuts
Advan RS 17x8 +47 offset (daily wheels)
Neuspeed RSE05 17x8 +45 offset (track wheels)
Bridgestone Potenza RE71R (track tires)

Brakes:
NSQBBK (Porsche Boxter Non-S front calipers)
Upgrade to SS lines
Creative Motorsport Brackets
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
Hawk HP pads - For the track
Akebono Euro Ceramic pads (Front & Rear) - For Street
Stoptech front rotors (312mm x 25 mm)
Pagid rear rotors (272mm x 10mm since late model 2011)

Removed parts
VF Engineering Short Shifter
034 Motorsport adjustable endlinks at 90,000 miles // heim joints failed after 1 year.
Textar Pads - Lasted ~11,000 miles would not recommend them they dust way too much
Textar Rotors // Still have, just replaced with Zimmerman Z-coated when changed brake pads.
O'Reilly BrakeBest Select Ceramic // For street
Michelin Pilot Super Sports // Great street tire
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2 // Poor grip compared to Michelin PSS, with stage 2 slips in first & second gear
Cooper Zeon RS3-S // Same as BFGoodrich, with stage 2 slips in first & second gear
Falken Azenis 615k+ // Great track tire great grip

Last edited:

George11

Ready to race!
Notchless hood finished! After a brief hiatus from any mods due money, I am back.

The hood was done by 2m Autowerks in San Diego near Mirimar, they were recommended by Kenny114. After seeing the work they did I am highly satisfied, most of the staff their own BMW's that have their handy work. I will take more photos when I get home, they were detailed with not just the top but the underside of the hood as well.

After I put the LED tail lights on the car, I felt like that was the only non-factory side of the car. My goal is to make aestetic changes that are more appealing. I have looked around at the other Candy White cars to get inspiration for mine, I don't think I will be doing a storm trooper look for the car with the lower valance painted white. In the future I am still thinking of the 35th edition bumper or possibly the Golf R bumper.

On the way is a lamin-x fog light tint kit, after that I am probably saving up for the exhaust and other items to improve the performance since aestetics are almost complete.

Last edited:

George11

Ready to race!
Some photos after work.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
Notchless hood finished! After a brief hiatus from any mods due money, I am back.

The hood was done by 2m Autowerks in San Diego near Mirimar, they were recommended by Kenny114. After seeing the work they did I am highly satisfied, most of the staff their own BMW's that have their handy work. I will take more photos when I get home, they were detailed with not just the top but the underside of the hood as well.

After I put the LED tail lights on the car, I felt like that was the only non-factory side of the car. My goal is to make aestetic changes that are more appealing. I have looked around at the other Candy White cars to get inspiration for mine, I don't think I will be doing a storm trooper look for the car with the lower valance painted white. In the future I am still thinking of the 35th edition bumper or possibly the Golf R bumper.

On the way is a lamin-x fog light tint kit, after that I am probably saving up for the exhaust and other items to improve the performance since aestetics are almost complete.
Im somewhat close, what'd that notch fill and paint run you?

George11

Ready to race!
Im somewhat close, what'd that notch fill and paint run you?

I did not want to get into a price war going from shop to shop and asking for who can do it for less, it feels that at the end of it I am possibly asking for lower and lower quality as well. That being said, when I went to 2M Autowerks I told them this is not the only work I want done to the car, possibly paint the roof black (my vinyl looks terrible with spiderweb scratches and not easy to polish) and probably a front bumper change. So with them knowing that, he said that a discount will come with more work added. The notch alone cost $600, which included welding, filling, paint match in the near area and clear coat.

TLDR: $600 out the door.

truuuuuuuuu

Ready to race!
I did not want to get into a price war going from shop to shop and asking for who can do it for less, it feels that at the end of it I am possibly asking for lower and lower quality as well. That being said, when I went to 2M Autowerks I told them this is not the only work I want done to the car, possibly paint the roof black (my vinyl looks terrible with spiderweb scratches and not easy to polish) and probably a front bumper change. So with them knowing that, he said that a discount will come with more work added. The notch alone cost $600, which included welding, filling, paint match in the near area and clear coat.

TLDR: $600 out the door.
cool man, thanks for the info. It looks great, fack da haters who think that's too much...I've seen shitty notch jobs done

Balt21

Ready to race!
The car looks good man! How do you like the Bold Sport auto headlights? I've thought about getting that off and on. From what I've read, it seems that once you get the right sensitivity for when they come on the work good.

George11

Ready to race!
The car looks good man! How do you like the Bold Sport auto headlights? I've thought about getting that off and on. From what I've read, it seems that once you get the right sensitivity for when they come on the work good.

Thanks Balt, it is a work in progress. Now I am saving up for wheels, I have expensive taste. I am thinking of BBS RGR wheels as the next big expense.

The Bold Sport works well, adjusting the sensitivity to that sweet spot takes some driving around dusk or dawn to tune it in.

Balt21

Ready to race!
Thanks Balt, it is a work in progress. Now I am saving up for wheels, I have expensive taste. I am thinking of BBS RGR wheels as the next big expense.

The Bold Sport works well, adjusting the sensitivity to that sweet spot takes some driving around dusk or dawn to tune it in.

Thanks for the input!

Haha I hear ya on having expensive taste. Those are nice looking wheels though.

George11

Ready to race!
Recently purchased Neuspeed P-flo intake, painted the shielding with high temp paint.

Also had john@FTC5 do a black on white rear VW badge and bought a matching black GTI emblem. Not too visible is a wiper delete I also just did.

VanDorin91

Go Kart Champion
I like it! Your car is coming together very nicely. I eventually want to look into getting my hood notch filled as well.

Clean build. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

George11

Ready to race!
I should of posted the process of getting the P-flo intake to its current state compared to when I received it since it was used. It had gold heat tape on half the metal partition which I debated it's efficiency.

Also after getting the P-flo I wanted to finish off the intake instead of having the stock tube past the MAF. I questioned getting a Unitronic intake, if I had to do it over again with hindsight I would of bought that instead. But I found a used APR stage 2 intake pipe at a decent price. My only gripe is that the people I have bought from are really slow with shipping out :mad0259: it is motivating me to not buy used parts cause I hate waiting 4 days for them to find a box.

Last edited: