GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need to replace the Sat Nav GTI 2012

N.W.Z

HI everyone,

the screen on my Sat Nav is broken, i called the parts department at the VW showroom and they quoted me $4000 for the whole Radio / Sat Nav.

what should i do? is there any website that i can find a used one?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. Ebay is the best place to get a head unit, and the install is less than 10 minutes. Mildly used ones can be found for even cheaper.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
lol $4000.. as others said, just pick one up used and self install. Make sure it comes with a radio code otherwise VW will charge you for that and it won't work until you pay them ($100+ I believe)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
lol $4000.. as others said, just pick one up used and self install. Make sure it comes with a radio code otherwise VW will charge you for that and it won't work until you pay them ($100+ I believe)

Yes, don't forget that. Wait, since you are in Dubai, does that mean you have an RNS-510?

N.W.Z

Yes i guess.

By the way, is there a way that i can just replace the screen?

the system is working with all its functions.

Last edited:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yes i guess.

By the way, is there a way that i can just replace the screen?

the system is working with all its functions.

I'm not sure if that is possible. I would have to look inside the unit and such. I guess with good electronic skill (soldering, etc..) and an extra screen, you just may be able to do so. If it's just the glass and the screen itself isn't damaged, then that would make it easier. For much less than $4,000, you can purchase both a brand new RNS-510 and a VAG-COM cable for the coding. Here's an RNS-510 for auction now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-...1340497357?pt=GPS_Devices&hash=item19ec6929cd

Also, if you want something a bit less than that, you can always go the route of a replica head unit. They look OEM too. :)

N.W.Z

Mine is without a GPS, so i guess it should be even cheaper. But i can't find one without GPS on ebay.

i'm sure the ones without a GPS are 30% cheaper.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
HI everyone,

the screen on my Sat Nav is broken, i called the parts department at the VW showroom and they quoted me $4000 for the whole Radio / Sat Nav.

what should i do? is there any website that i can find a used one?

When you say "Sat Nav" that means navigation

Mine is without a GPS, so i guess it should be even cheaper. But i can't find one without GPS on ebay.

Yes they are less the half the price.

afctom

Ready to race!

You can get RCD510's on eBay for £200-400 depending on the version, very cheap.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Oh, so you have the RCD-510, not the RNS-510. Those are much cheaper. :thumbup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion