GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I don't buy used cars and MK6 R's are already 20k. Wow.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Yep, you have to settle. No one builds to the extreme. If they did it would no longer be the extreme because there would be a sacrifice somewhere due to tradeoff.

I don't track so I'll settle for a crossover that goes to 60 in under 5 seconds and has the versatility to hold a bathtub. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Golf R does the exact same thing for half the price and will handle way better being 1000 lbs lighter... that was the point of the Golf comparison. For the extra cost you get almost nothing, the extra power is outmatched by the extra weight.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Golf R does the exact same thing for half the price and will handle way better being 1000 lbs lighter... that was the point of the Golf comparison. For the extra cost you get almost nothing, the extra power is outmatched by the extra weight.

Where may I buy this brand new magical DSG R for 25k?

Oh wait, I can't.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Troy's Unicorn Auto Sales, Detroit, MI.

Where Unicorns Become Reality.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
New R will be out in a few months. The Macan has waiting lists as is...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Really stoked for the R. Like, really. Want to drive the MT version for sure, but the DSG will be uber fast, no doubt.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I will learn from my mistakes with the mk6 and maybe get a CPO MT two years down the road. Seems like the best move.

We've come a long way baby :w00t: :thumbup: :clap: :wub:

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
They can't come soon enough.

Been getting a few people inquiring about them at the dealership.
They need to release some pricing info already. Although I'm somewhat relieved that the US cars will be getting here late. We shouldn't get any of the cars with bad turbos.