GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FrankenTurbo F25 for 2.5L

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
For a couple years now we've been developing a turbocharger solution for use on the VW 07K engine. And work has gotten to the stage that it's worth posting info here. Here is a look at our prototype:

Our F25 turbo is a journal-bearing design that requires only an oil feed and return. The diverter valve is integrated into the turbo to simplify installation. It features our own proprietary billet aluminum compressor wheel and MixedFlow turbine rotor.

Our testing has been conducted on an Audi TT Quattro platform -- a little unconventional, yes, but that car has the drivetrain and numerous sensors/controllers which made it a solid test-bed. The purpose of our most recent dyno testing was to find power levels for an entry-level build as well as for the most ambitious modification project.

Here are the boost levels at which we ran the turbo. First, on simple actuator pressure. No MBC or other management. Just the turbo controlling itself:

And here is the result:

After collecting our "user friendly" power levels, we set up the car for raised boost levels. Here are the two boost levels (and their associated exhaust gas temperatures).

And here are the results for that higher power level effort:

The F25 turbo will be offered in kit form, including exhaust manifold, adapter for the stock exhaust system, oil lines, installation hardware & inlet pipe. For those cars running a MAF sensor, we will offer an upgrade there as well.

We anticipate moving to beta testing this summer and will be looking for candidates who are interested. Feel free to post here or contact us by email about that.

Thx

Doug Harper
FrankenTurbo
sales@frankenturbo.com

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Holly cow! :thumbsup:

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Hey Doug,
im glad this is finally announced and out
assuming the price point is what im thinking it is, i should definitely be a candidate :D
wont be running that much boost though. ill probably keep it at wastegate til i upgrade the transmission

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Hey Doug,
im glad this is finally announced and out
assuming the price point is what im thinking it is, i should definitely be a candidate :D
wont be running that much boost though. ill probably keep it at wastegate til i upgrade the transmission

free99

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

jackhossross

Ready to race!
Incredible - what would we expect complimenting mods to be?

HPFP
Intake
Intercooler
DP and Catback
Manifold
Clutch - lol

Any other thoughts?

Thanks and well done, exciting!

EDIT: realized I was in a different forum ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyotr

Ready to race!
Likewise curious.

It's easily the best engine option to swap to.
Yup, I had a 2.5 Golf that I traded in for my R. I miss that sound so much, and unless I go big turbo there isn't much more power to be had in my R
I'm thinking of getting a long block, and a forged stroker kit. Haven't decided on turbo yet. But it bolts up to the stock R trans, and UM can make it work. Eventually throw a A3 DSG in it.
But that's all off topic, I hope to have a built thread on it in about 6 months.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Incredible - what would we expect complimenting mods to be?

HPFP
Intake
Intercooler
DP and Catback
Manifold
Clutch - lol

Any other thoughts?

Thanks and well done, exciting!

EDIT: realized I was in a different forum ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our next phase is installing the finalized kit parts into our Mk5 Rabbit. We'll be testing how it performs on the stock exhaust system. Fully emissions-compliant. My expectation is for a good 280 grams/second of airflows through the stock intake manifold (a short-runner unit could do about 300 at the same boost level). The test car does have an upgraded clutch and LSD. I have to think those things are simply necessary for safety.

That's a good question about the fuel pump. But remember these cars have a relatively simple "low pressure" system that runs at a static 4bar. Our TT test car had an upgraded in-tank fuel pump. We'll need to research the options for the Mk5 and Mk6 2.5 platform.