GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

rkellis

Ready to race!
Nice bwillet, on the possible purchase. I'm jealous, but hope you will be nice enough to let me drive it soon... :)

Sent from a far out galaxy.

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
Since I probably have the weirdest (crappiest, most horrible) schedule out of all of us, here's my availability for the rest of the year...

6/11 - 6/12
7/16 - 7/17
7/23 - 7/24
9/17 - 9/18
9/23 - 9/25
10/1 - 10/2
10/8 - 10/9
12/3 - 12/4
12/10 - 12/11
12/17 - 12/18

Can't really take days off on scheduled weekends due to minimum coverage issues. Stupid IT.

Oh, and I may have bought an R on Wednesday. :thumbup:

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
Since I probably have the weirdest (crappiest, most horrible) schedule out of all of us, here's my availability for the rest of the year...

6/11 - 6/12
7/16 - 7/17
7/23 - 7/24
9/17 - 9/18
9/23 - 9/25
10/1 - 10/2
10/8 - 10/9
12/3 - 12/4
12/10 - 12/11
12/17 - 12/18

Can't really take days off on scheduled weekends due to minimum coverage issues. Stupid IT.

Oh, and I may have bought an R on Wednesday. :thumbup:

July 23-24th and both September weekends listed work for me, as well as the October ones.

:clap: Candy white mk7 R rocks!!! Congrats man, well-deserved and its a beautiful all around monster of a car that you ll enjoy for years to come. So happy for you and can't wait to check out the new ride next meet. Since Mac traded his R for an S4 I had been feeling lonely, glad to have another R back in the mix. Also curious how my stage 1 mk6 fairs against stock mk7 (I know you will mod eventually and it will be no contest) and I'm sure there will be opportunities to play a little... :rolleyes:

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
July 23-24th and both September weekends listed work for me, as well as the October ones.

:clap: Candy white mk7 R rocks!!! Congrats man, well-deserved and its a beautiful all around monster of a car that you ll enjoy for years to come. So happy for you and can't wait to check out the new ride next meet. Since Mac traded his R for an S4 I had been feeling lonely, glad to have another R back in the mix. Also curious how my stage 1 mk6 fairs against stock mk7 (I know you will mod eventually and it will be no contest) and I'm sure there will be opportunities to play a little... :rolleyes:

Ummm excuse me sir, ORYX WHITE PEARL, thank you very much! ;)

Yeah, I'm very happy with it. Powerful, smooth, very refined (even more audi-like than the Mk6). Love the DCC! Huge difference between Comfort and Race. I'm curious as to how much of the (sweet sounding) noise is soundaktor vs. reality though. Going to have to turn off soundaktor to see. But it sounds REALLY good, and I love how the noise increases when in sport mode. Unlike the Mk6, the stock DSG tune seems well done.

I haven't opened it up 100% yet, but I think that will probably be happening within the next day or two ;) Not going to play with launch control until at least 1k miles, maybe longer.

My largeness is a bit more comfortable in this car than in my Mk6. The bolsters are softer, which means I don't have metal bars stabbing the sides of my thighs. Would be happy if the steering wheel came out a couple more inches, but overall I can't complain. I was pleasantly surprised how good I felt after driving it back from Columbia, SC (only white one within 500 miles). Part of that might have been the shit-eating grin.

Unlocked my armrest (stupid VWoA....) within 24 hours. Got my weathertech mats today, and should have my euro tails next week (probably should have waited on those, but couldn't help it). Getting 35% tint next Thursday. JB1 is on order, and is about a month out. Other than that, I am not planning on anything else for the near future. EDIT: Oh yeah, I do plan on getting the euro auto-folding mirrors, but that will have to wait until later in the year. Have to save up my self-assigned allowance for that one.

The wheel gap actually is not offensive to me at all, at this point not thinking I'm going to lower it. And seemingly unlike all the other Mk7 R owners, I actually quite like the 19" Cadiz wheels. Didn't realize they had some concavity to them, I think they look sweet. I like the Pretorias better, but they're not available in the US. Curious to see how long the stock Continental summer rubber is going to last.

Overall, you can probably tell I'm geeked about it. Can't wait to show it off... Now I just need to get the GTI cleaned up and sold!

JISUN_GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
can anyone help me installing MK6 R LED Cherry Red Tail Light for my car near Gwinnett?
local mechanic asking $80 for Labor Fee...

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
can anyone help me installing MK6 R LED Cherry Red Tail Light for my car near Gwinnett?

LED tails are quite easy to install by yourself!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!

If you have the resistor packs for the tail lights, it really is one of the easiest things you can do to the car....

If you don't have the resistors, you'll need someone to code the lights. Many of us have VCDS/Carista/OBDEleven and will code for beer and/or wings. If you can wait until June 11th, show up at our monthly meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in Alpharetta and we can help you out.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
JB1 time...

I know u already ordered this but check out eyrodyne's 1.5 tune for comparison. Grapevine says APR stage 1 for mk7 R has higher numbers although their rep and trustworthiness for ea113 is better than ea888 setup. Eurodyne is also a plug & play module so u can always revert back without trace for nosey dealers while you are still under warranty. Check out both vids below:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g58gOSmpL-U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nt5VV7YII1o

FYI, been following zed4me's vlog on mk7 R from beginnings and if u see all his other mods they are all well thought out and worth considering.