GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metro Atlanta VW Crew

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed

Excited to have the old and new R side by side, and hopefully a pull or two so I know if I need to be keeping up with the Joneses ;)

rkellis

Ready to race!
I'm in for this Saturday.

Sent from a far out galaxy.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Pinky in the air [not definite]

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Señor Willet! How about those wheel shots?[emoji57]

Dante_Rez

Ready to race!
I'm out this meet. I'll be chillin in NYC

ManofVoice

Ready to race!

LunaticGTI02

Any one know what to do when I keep getting light bulb out message but it's not out. It's on my fog lights LED? Any one had this problem before?

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Any one know what to do when I keep getting light bulb out message but it's not out. It's on my fog lights LED? Any one had this problem before?

Have you tried restoring stock bulbs to see if the warning went away? If the warning light remains on with stock bulbs then probably a new CECM is needed. not really "cheap" and it's kind of a pain to replace.

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed
fyi, a good friend of mine from NOLA is visiting second weekend of August when we have our meet. I'd like to bring him over. He's very warm about buying new mk7 gti se this fall, so hopefully some of y'all with mk7's can make it (shootout to Eric and Brad) and give him the scoop. He's done his homework some and definitely going the mod route, so thought it'd be perfect for him because dealership only gives him idea of what stock feels like. Also hoping we get a good turnout so its representative of the culture he's about to get into!

ShrekSquatch

Ready to race!
fyi, a good friend of mine from NOLA is visiting second weekend of August when we have our meet. I'd like to bring him over. He's very warm about buying new mk7 gti se this fall, so hopefully some of y'all with mk7's can make it (shootout to Eric and Brad) and give him the scoop. He's done his homework some and definitely going the mod route, so thought it'd be perfect for him because dealership only gives him idea of what stock feels like. Also hoping we get a good turnout so its representative of the culture he's about to get into!
Sounds good to me!

corporateD

Buford Georgia R?

Greetings all,

I'm super close to buying my first VW, however I am waaaaaay out of state. I live in Wisconsin and wonder if there are any good natured souls that live near Buford? Autonation has a Rising Blue 2012 Golf R that they say is in GREAT condition. I would so totally appreciate if anyone in the area could stop by and tell me about the condition of this car. It would be amazing to not have to fly all the way down to the ATL to find out there are scratches.

Is anyone interested in helping me out? I would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Same here. I should be available that weekend, as long as I remember.

Btw Brad, I'm thinking about getting this. I know you were wanting the bigger screen too.

https://avinusa.com/volkswagen-mk7-golf-gti-r-8-multimedia-navigation-system.html

No MK7 in my garage [yet] but I'm intrigued...
Too bad this thing doesn't support CarPlay and Android Auto. I've been using CarPlay in rentals this year and I'm getting spoiled. Nice to see that the aftermarket folks are already getting to work on delivering OEM-like-quality units.

I especially appreciate the Chingrish fine print all over the website [emoji23]

ultimateskier

Passed Driver's Ed