GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best pendulum mount?

FriggenT1

Banned
034? APR? Someone else? I have the motor mounts (034) a nd the billet insert (034) but some have talked about the mount breaking with that inset, so I've taken it out until I get the new pendulum mount over stock.

So.... which one?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
depending if your DSG or MT. i also have the 034 street motor/trans mount but i had the HPA interlock subframe mount. i have DSG and with the 034 pendulum mount the NVH was noticeable but in the lower RPM range and was defiantly noticeable with the AC on and at idle. reason why i went back to stock and sold it. hope this helps

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I had the opposite experience with 034 street mounts. Very little nvh noticed after installing the street mounts. After installing the HPA red puck I have a noticeable amount of vibration at idle.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
the HPA puck added some NVH but it was minimal. the only way to test if the Pendulum mount caused the most NVH would be if the oem subframe mount was still in place.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I had the opposite experience with 034 street mounts. Very little nvh noticed after installing the street mounts. After installing the HPA red puck I have a noticeable amount of vibration at idle.

the first one i installed was the HPA red puck and the NVH was about the same as the 034 billet insert i had in before. and after the 034 street mount. it tamed down quite a bit after a miles.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So I've had a lot on the manual transmission. I think most vibration is due to the solid pucks I got in combined with the 034 pendulum. We found that the pendulum contributes much more to vibration than the engine and trans mounts.
I used to have hpa 75 red with stock mounts. Vibes after install settled down after some miles. Then added 034 engine and trans. Noticed extra wear on the upper dogbone mount to the point where i felt they had to be replaced. Sold the hpa, bought vwr solid pucks. Added vibes around 1k-1.2k rpm. Tested this combo with n without 034 pendulum and stock pendulum. Vibes cut in half with stock.
So as of now, I have consistent vibes with full mounts, but if you want less vibes with all performance still, then the pendulum is the one not to change (keep stock). Of course thats probably more stress on the pendulum, but it gets rid of sounds and vibes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Is the 034 pendulum mount the same design as the APR? I thought APR was superior due to it being able to rotate in an addition direction

FriggenT1

Banned

I have the street mounts already, I just need the pendulum mount, as I'm afraid the stock one will break under the torque.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I ran with the following 034 stuff on my DSG K04 - NVH was only apparent when idling at a stop. As time went on it decreased until I no longer noticed it. Very daily driver friendly for manual trans and only minor bit of annoying vibration at idle when stopped.

034 MOTOR MOUNT SET, DENSITY LINE, 2.0T FSI and a stock pendulum arm.

My new setup is NVH who cares.....

MOTORSPORT ENGINE/TRANSMISSION MOUNT PAIR BILLET ALUMINUM and the 034 MOTORSPORT BILLET DOGBONE MOUNT and the same street density dogbone pucks.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I have the street mounts already, I just need the pendulum mount, as I'm afraid the stock one will break under the torque.

I ran stock arm for 4 years with K04 and track time, never broke in the 9 years of ownership.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
You have the 034 engine, upper trans, and pendulum insert-( https://store.034motorsport.com/motor-mount-set-density-line-mkv-mkvi-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi-2-0t-fsi.html )? And you took the 034 insert/puck out?

I will add, run the stock pendulum without fear because obviously 034 believes the oem pendulum will work with that kit as they do not provide a pendulum upgrade with the kit. Just because we've heard some break doesn't mean even 2% will. Some oem bits can be given a chance to prove themselves. If they fail = replace them. You are planning to add a lower trans mount soon regardless right?

←I love that it says under Roh Echt; "Drag Race Newbie"!

edited

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
You have the 034 engine, upper trans, and pendulum insert-(https://store.034motorsport.com/mot...kv-mkvi-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi-2-0t-fsi.html)? And you took the 034 insert out?

The insert is only for stock dogbone pucks which have big gaps to allow for movement and to minimize vibration (comfort over stiffness). Shoving the insert in those gaps helps minimize movement.

The 034 dogbones are solid no gaps, stiffer rubber and no place for an insert. (stiffness over comfort).

As mentioned my next upgrade will be the Motorsport engine and trans mount (Even more stiffness over comfort) along with the dogbone (pendulum) arm which contains a spherical bearing instead of something pliable. (Even more control but less comfort)

Moving a number of suspension parts from poly to spherical bearings as well all of which will contribute to NVH but improve handline and response.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I have the 034 pendulum mount and dog bone insert and i like it. No issues there.