GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will GLI suspension fit a Golf?

Zach0918

Ready to race!
Will the struts and VWR springs from a GLI fit the Golf? Someone is selling a set locally but I am a suspension noob so I have no clue if they’d fit my Golf.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I believe they will. When I was looking for suspension I believe the shock kits were compatible with MK6 jetta and golfs. Go to ECS website and lookup the OEM GLI struts for the year that you are looking at and see if they also fit the golf for your year. As long as it is an MK6 I would think they will fit. Not sure about how they will ride but they should bolt up.

Zach0918

Ready to race!
I believe they will. When I was looking for suspension I believe the shock kits were compatible with MK6 jetta and golfs. Go to ECS website and lookup the OEM GLI struts for the year that you are looking at and see if they also fit the golf for your year. As long as it is an MK6 I would think they will fit. Not sure about how they will ride but they should bolt up.

like these?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...port-shocks-struts-set-of-four/jzw413031akt1/

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Correct. I think any of the shock packages on there for the mk6 fit the jetta and golf. Only issue I could see is there may be an issue with spring tension. For example I hear the R springs on a reg golf tend to jack up the back of the car as the R is all wheel drive and heavier in the back than the golf and the suspension is designed for the additional weight.