GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Todd/AWE
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI DSG
I don't want to get into a long drawn out debate here, but we chose 2.5" simply because it has a more balanced power band vs 3.0" on this engine, even when a k04 is installed.

Software tuning cannot replace the laws of physics and there are plenty of first hand accounts out there reporting a loss of low end torque when moving from a 2.5" to a 3.0" system even if they have "Stage2" software.

Unlike APR, we manufacture our own exhaust systems in house, so the difference between 2.5" and 3.0" is pennies to us. We chose 2.5" simply from a physics and testing perspective.

APR and AWE disagree consistently on this fact, but like I said above, there are many reports from end users backing up our claims.

Further, we advertise and guarantee our downpipe as CEL free no matter what software is used, whereas APR does not make that claim unless you also use their software. They do not warn you that you will get a CEL with their downpipe if you do not also use software that turns off that monitoring feature.
Todd/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
intense
Autocross Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI 2010 & Audi S5 sportsback
Diameter

Guys, I am running a milltek full turbo back system with APR stage 2+. there is no CEL errors and the sound is loud with good power delivery. However, another friend of mine is on the same software with RSC and his car seems to have a stronger power delivery.
Maybe, I should be running stage 2 instead of stage 2+ for the 2.5" downpipe.

Pls. Correct me if I am wrong.

MK6 with, Milltek turbo back, APR stage 2+, APR carbonio stage 1, R rear lights, H&R springs, OZ ultraleggera.

intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
ThunderPig
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI

I'll let you two decide which one is which!

I like it, the AWE vs APR "debate"! Might make a good cage match! Fund raiser!
ThunderPig is offline   Reply With Quote