GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hurdy's R thread

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
UPDATE.........

The R is now booked in for a Loba L0400 turbo upgrade including RS4 injectors and Custom GIAC stage 3 map.

A little more power with a little better spool! :D

Loba quote over 400bhp without WMI

Website linky....

http://www.loba-motorsport.com/shop...s/5/lo400-2.0-tfsi-upgrade-sport-turbocharger

OH YES! :clap:

that's definitely the route I am taking if I ever go stage 3, GT28 - 30 is not for my needs and roads. Now if I could only find the time to install that WM kit :mad0259:

Eagerly waiting to read your review on that :thumbsup:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Work is progressing on the Loba L0400 upgrade........

And ready to go in........

Last edited:

darian

Ready to race!
Good luck with the new turbo cant wait to see the numbers as i am probably going on the same route.

I managed to get 410 engine hp and 514 nm of torque with itg intake, custom 3 inch exhaust,stock s3 intercooler and apr pump (Etunners Greece custom map on dyno) but that was the best run with octane booster and when it gets hot i loose a lot of power - need intercooler.

The car get constant 390 hp.

I m getting the rs4 valve fitted and probably will get WM with the new intercooler.

Did you fit the boost controller on standard westgate? did you tighten it?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Hi Darian. The E boost controller makes the N75 valve redundant and it runs off its own duty cycle. The wastegate actuator was left set at the point that Loba put it to.

darian

Ready to race!
Thank you for the reply. I meant on the stock k04 turbo not the setting on the loba one :)

Mobile via iPhone

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for the reply. I meant on the stock k04 turbo not the setting on the loba one :)

Mobile via iPhone

LOL, yes also on the K04.:D

Update.......

Dyno'd the R on the Loba L0400........

Peak torque up 10lbft Peak power up 25bhp

Although at the top end it doesn't run out of puff like the K04 and so at 7,000 rpm it is making over 50bhp more power and over 40lbft more torque.

Spool is very slightly better, but as near as makes no discernable difference.

The map is MUCH smoother and stable in conjunction with the turbo so around town at lower rpms it feels better and overall I'm very happy.

Big thanks to Steve Jr and Craig at my tuners Statllers for putting up with my pacing about like an expectant father and GIAC for a great map.:cool:

cdr20

Peak torque up 10lbft Peak power up 25bhp

Although at the top end it doesn't run out of puff like the K04 and so at 7,000 rpm it is making over 50bhp more power and over 40lbft more torque.

A little confused with the above.

Is peak power up 25 or 50bhp?

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
A little confused with the above.

Is peak power up 25 or 50bhp?

My tuner informs me that the peak power is actually up 28bhp (peak torque is actually up 15lbft). The maximum gain over the K04 comes as the K04 power starts to drop off but the L0400 keeps going. The maximum gain is 53bhp@7,000rpm

This means that when I was on the K04 I tended to shift at 6,500rpms as the power starts to tail off, whereas now I can wind it to 7,000rpm and gain by doing so.

cdr20

My tuner informs me that the peak power is actually up 28bhp (peak torque is actually up 15lbft). The maximum gain over the K04 comes as the K04 power starts to drop off but the L0400 keeps going. The maximum gain is 53bhp@7,000rpm

This means that when I was on the K04 I tended to shift at 6,500rpms as the power starts to tail off, whereas now I can wind it to 7,000rpm and gain by doing so.

Do you have a dyno chart to post up comparing the KO4 to the LO400, would be good to share with some people in Australia the gains this turbo makes over a standard KO4?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Nice numbers!! Was that with meth or straight fuel?

I still want to do this swap but without meth and wondering if it's worth it.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Nice numbers!! Was that with meth or straight fuel?

I still want to do this swap but without meth and wondering if it's worth it.

Before and after were with meth, but witout it you'd still get similar gains. 93 octane.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a dyno chart to post up comparing the KO4 to the LO400, would be good to share with some people in Australia the gains this turbo makes over a standard KO4?

Not yet. My tuner is going to post up on my local forum and I'll share after that.:thumbsup:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
The GIAC tune requires meth so you might have to go a different route tuning wise.

It only requires meth if you are running 91 octane. If you run 93 octane or over you don't need it. I'm running 93-94octane permanently, but still run with meth on top.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
It only requires meth if you are running 91 octane. If you run 93 octane or over you don't need it. I'm running 93-94octane permanently, but still run with meth on top.

Interesting! I wonder, if using an electronic boost controller we could turn down the boost a hair if stuck with some 91 for a tank?