GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
Honestly, that's been my plan for a long time. I want to either get a true imported RHD JDM car or.... find a 89-92 Toyota Cressida and do some work on it. Hard to find one in decent shape.

nice. here we only have 10yrs car ownership, unless we keep paying additional to keep the car alive, so there's only 2-3 toyota ae76 trueno here. vintage beetles a bunch and 31 combis, jdm cars like evo 5 6 7 wrx gc8 r33 r34 not more den 20units

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I wished importing a 25+yr old JDM car wasn't that much of a headache because I see so many that I like that are within my budget. I understand those US importers are in the business to make money but still. A $6K car they turn around to sell for $11K. For example, those R32 Skylines. They are around $8K all day (in Japan) and importers list them for $15K+ here. Greedy mofos.....

cybonic

Passed Driver's Ed
I wished importing a 25+yr old JDM car wasn't that much of a headache because I see so many that I like that are within my budget. I understand those US importers are in the business to make money but still. A $6K car they turn around to sell for $11K. For example, those R32 Skylines. They are around $8K all day (in Japan) and importers list them for $15K+ here. Greedy mofos.....

ha, still cheaper den cars over here, a 25yr+ jdm import like a r34 cost 50k-60k usd or more, excluding insurance, mine 5yr old gti is equal to 67k usd when i bought it. thats what u get when living in a small country where space is scarce

ahard48

Ready to race!
Bought some C2v3 and microfiber towels from detailed image. They are having a sale on coatings, 20% off and free shipping with coupon code Coating20Ship for all you detailing nerds.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
sold the GTI yesterday afternoon.

Sorta glad the new owners live 2hrs away so I dont' have to drive by it. :cry:

Last edited:

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
in search of the jdm starts, i am gonna go back to jdm as well, but a humble jazz rs gk8 lol

I've been looking into either a Nissan Cima Y31 or a Toyota Crown Royal Saloon. Both are under $6k, stock..no mods. I like the look of the Cima more but can't seem to find any confirmed info about coilover setups. I believe the fronts are welded onto the wheel hubs (which is lame as hell). The Crown has factory air suspension and can be "tuned" adjusted with an aftermarket controller. Talked to my insurance agent and he gave me options on coverage for it. As of right not, I haven't decided what to do.

Last edited:

kapoogle

Passed Driver's Ed

Got an alignment and rims + tires installed today =]

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Spent probably over 5 hours detailing the interior of my car. Remind me to never let my dog in my car again.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Pssst... sterkrazzy... don’t let your dog in the car. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Pssst... sterkrazzy... don’t let your dog in the car. [emoji16]

I just need to wrap him in giant bag. I spent way too much damn time trying to vacuum out dog hair.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Or get one of those luggage rack attachments and crate him up top. [emoji38] the dog would probably enjoy it.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Shined up the exhaust tips with Never Dull. Holy crap that stuff is amazing.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
Your dog thinks so too. [emoji1]

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!