GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

recognized1's 2011 GTI Build Thread

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Its been a minute since my last update. I got some VAG-COM work done last week. Windows and needle sweep. Downpipe gets installed next week and hopefully a flash to stage 2 the same day.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Un0

car looks good :thumbup:

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
So finally got around to getting the downpipe installed and flash to stage 2. I went to Axis Motorsport in Orlando to get my tires rotated, 5k oil change, and downpipe installed. The downpipe went on without any problems. I did buy a better V-Clamp since the one that came with the pipe was already bent. After the install drove 40 miles north to Performance Race Solutions to have the ECU re-flashed to APR's stage 2 software. The CEL never came on but then again I didn't give it much time for it to kick on.

My first impression after the flash was disappointing as I could not tell much of a difference. It maybe because it was so hot out and my car was reading 96 degrees for the air temp. However, once I went on the highway I felt that bad boy fly up to 120 mph like it was nothing.

I have had it on for about 2 weeks now and love it. No leaks or any issues with the downpipe. I do see how some people feel you lose low end torque with this upgrade but it definitely makes ground during mid and high end. My wheels spin like crazy taking off from a dig.

Since my downpipe is catless and no resonator I was a little concerned about the sound. Under normal driving conditions, there is a slight increase in sound inside the cabin but nothing annoying. Under full throttle, its loud but does not sound ricey. I thought I would hate the DSG farts but they don't bother me at all.

So overall if you do not mind some extra noise and your state does not perform inspections I recommend buying the Ebay downpipes and purchasing the ATP V-Clamp. Total cost for the items was $185.

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
Waiting to be installed!

recognized1

Go Kart Champion
So the weather finally cleared up in Florida to take some more pics of the drop. Since the original drop pic I had to raise the car a little in the front end.