GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3 week old GTI rolled down hill and hit brick wall (PICS), best way to fix?

Stigar

Ready to race!
It looks like there is a crease in the number if so you can't really fix that but the scratches or whatever could be made to look somewhat decent if you used a filler and covered that with some paint from auto store with clear coat on top of that. I have a crease in my cc but no scratches and the body shop said Bc it's plastic you can't really repair it but would have to replace. Good luck

FNR32

Ready to race!
Personally, I wouldn't just take the bumper to someone and let them paint it. They need to make certain that the tint the paint to match the car as well as they can which may include using spray out panels to get the right match. What you don't want is your bumper being lighter/darker than the rest of your car because of the respray. Even if cracked, that bumper is repairable using plastic repair methods and would keep the cost down vs. replacing it and repainting it but it's hard to tell from your pics and without being able to get under the car and see the back side of the bumper. Even the textured valence can be repaired, but most body shops wouldn't want to bother with it because it takes work and skill. I've had shops flat out tell me "We don't repair bumpers". Not because the bumper couldn't be repaired, but because it's easier (and more profitable) for them to replace the bumper vw repairing it.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Suggestions for the OP on the best bumper film protector once bumper is repaired?

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Suggestions for the OP on the best bumper film protector once bumper is repaired?

3M Clear bra film, it'll protect little scuffs from throwing things in your boot but not much help against a brick wall lol

Only thing is you'll end up getting that wax build up on the edges of the film :/

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion