GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

thez99

Go Kart Champion
Haha. ya seriously, enough about the damage to your car, is that crazy ass woman in jail at the moment??

clownish

just clowning around
Installed p3 gauge. Spent 15 minutes monkeying around with the vent slates after I accidentally disassembled the entire thing. Ended up using some pliers wrapped in a microfibre towel to carefully jam each little plastic slat back into its hole.

The gauge itself looks great. The wiring harnesses are extremely long and I ziptied them all together, then stuffed some felt around the plastic bits - this car has enough body panel rattles and I don't want to be listening for more. Hopefully it doesn't catch on fire or something... It's all shoved into the fusebox area.

Got it towed to the body shop after after having my ex ram it with her car. FML! I only have 1400 miles on it. Sad day

Better than a hit-and-run - you know who did it. Outside of my office, an anonymous patron of a restaurant next door backed into my car at around 3500 mi. Didn't see it since I was reversed into the spot?? This reddish/maroon Trailblazer see me running towards him and he drives off. Replaced a headlight, hood, grill, and repainted front bumper. Over 2.2k of cosmetic damage. Bastard. Had to pay the insurance but at least it doesn't affect my future rates.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Got my new wheels on today! :happyanim:

I’ll have to get my front fenders rolled now though.. Managed to pull the fender out driving at my normal height. >< Either way I'm happy!

Last edited:

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Front end a lot and a little bit on the rear quarter. She bent the A arm and the whole driver's side fender is garbage and so is the bumper cover/ headlight assy. The rear damage is from where it was pushed into my pathfinder. I will post pics soon.

It sucks so bad. It's all recorded in the 911 operator call.

Oh man. I was not expecting you to write that much damage. And your other car also is messed up? :(

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had the car for 4 days now - ive been getting her fixed up... unfortunately, I think I have a bad wheel bearing. trying to figure out which one... anyway - here is what arrived today:

New tires - Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 - winter is coming...

and decided since she is at 35k miles, I should go ahead and do the 40k maintenance. 40k service kit + DSG service kit.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Got my new wheels on today! :happyanim:

I’ll have to get my front fenders rolled now though.. Managed to pull the fender out driving at my normal height. >< Either way I'm happy!

Anyone know or can link me to a tutorial on how to switch the tire pressure system from the sensors to abs on a 2010?

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Time for my free oil change!

Also got some new hankook Ventus v-12's. Loving the grip

Those are great tires, had them on my old car and the grip is amazing but they ride like all seasons nice and smooth. Will be replacing the crappy stock Dunlop with those come spring.

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
Voidopolis, I'm curious what makes you think one of the wheel bearings is bad. Sounds or vibrations?

Well, I've had noise from the wheels since I bought it (5 days ago) but the tires were pretty much shot (Pirelli Pzeros). I did a bunch of reading that those tires get really noisy when they are reaching end of life. So, after I swapped the tires out yesterday, I did some 60mph tests (turn the wheel right, left, right...). I still have noise from the rear right side after putting on the brand new tires (which are very quite) but only when turning left. turning right makes the noise go away. from the research i did, it seems that is a common indicator that the problem is a bearing.

next test will be tossing it up on stands and seeing if I can find any play in the wheel when I torque it. I'll probably just end up replacing both right and left rear bearings while I'm doing it - because if one is going out, the other probably isn't far behind it.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Got my car back after they repined the throttle body and finally fixed the wastegate rattle. Holy crap the car sounds so much better. Its almost feels like it runs smoother.