GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help!!! Car is bouncing revs

MK6_BigMoe

Hey guys,
I need some help, maybe someone has had similar issues.
A couple of month ago my car started making this high pitch rattling sound whenever I let off the gas. Didn't think it was anything bad. Now last weekend the car suddenly went into limp-mode and showed me the EPC light, but didn't have any other troubles (after a couple of times, turning it on and off again it went away). This Sunday however I wanted to put it away in the garage and it started bouncing the revs from 800 to about 1200 repeatedly and started shaking a bit (not all that bad, but still noticeably more than the normal engine shaking the Golf has).
Anyone have any suggestions or has had similar problems with their GTIs in the past? Would really appreciated the help, before I go to the VW dealership, since they're probably gonna charge me a couple of thousands of dollars -.-
Thanks guys appreciate any help!

MK6_BigMoe

Thought about it, too, but then I looked through some forum entries and nobody had all three of my symptoms. Always just one of them :/

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,
I need some help, maybe someone has had similar issues.
A couple of month ago my car started making this high pitch rattling sound whenever I let off the gas. Didn't think it was anything bad. Now last weekend the car suddenly went into limp-mode and showed me the EPC light, but didn't have any other troubles (after a couple of times, turning it on and off again it went away). This Sunday however I wanted to put it away in the garage and it started bouncing the revs from 800 to about 1200 repeatedly and started shaking a bit (not all that bad, but still noticeably more than the normal engine shaking the Golf has).
Anyone have any suggestions or has had similar problems with their GTIs in the past? Would really appreciated the help, before I go to the VW dealership, since they're probably gonna charge me a couple of thousands of dollars -.-
Thanks guys appreciate any help!

If there is a air or vacuem leak some where then when you unplug your MAF sensor the idle with smooth out .

I suspect your intake manifold needs replacing and the flaps are getting stuck. I'm having same problem and haven't had time yet to drop it off at the dealer for the recall notice from VWOA for intake manifold replacement , good luck. Bob G.

MK6_BigMoe

They had a recall notice for bad manifolds? Damn too bad I'm in Germany, gotta look that up, that would seriously suck.
Most of my contacts said it's probably a bad sensor for the chain, cause it already snapped once, and that the sensor tells the car to loosen up the chain (rattling and rough sound).
Gonna see what the VCDS is gonna say -.-
But thanks man

hauluck

Passed Driver's Ed
i was experiencing this exact same issue about 1-2 weeks ago. it started with my revs bouncing from 800-1300 revs. then the car was revving on its own to 2000rpms and eventually a loud whistling sound came from the engine when it was running (only occurred when it was warmed up). turns out it was a bad pcv valve.

look at my thread, i posted two videos what was happening to my car.

I went to VW bought a new PCV valve for $200 and fixed it on my own.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90555

MK6_BigMoe

Thanks, yea the car is at the dealer for the VCDS to be checked for anything. Hopefully they'll come up with something that is either under warranty or that I can have a friend of mine fix :/

krnboy817

Passed Driver's Ed
i was just on the forums to see what is wrong with my car as well. i have similar symptoms but no whistle noise. one day i realized that my RMPs were not dropping from a rev to idle smoothly. it would drop down to about 1200 rpm and bounce up then drop to 1k then to 800 rpm. then few days later sitting in traffic i get a CEL. took it to autozone for a scan and it showed P0101 code. i only have 9k miles on my car and i dont think it can be the MAF sensor so i cleared the codes and ran good for few days. well i got to sit in the traffic again today and the CEL came back. car is running like crap... lags... power loss and when idling... it shutters like a misfire. does this sound like a coil issue as well? or is it the MAF?

krnboy817

Passed Driver's Ed
Got a new MAF sensor put in and didn't fix the issue. So took it to the dealership n found out that it was my pcv valve that came loose.... not sure how but got it cleared n good so far.