GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 ----> Stage 2 GET RID OF JERK?

omes4life1

Ready to race!
A/C Off
control your gas foot,
Control your Clutch foot (might be releasing too fast?)
all done

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A/C Off
control your gas foot,
Control your Clutch foot (might be releasing too fast?)
all done

has nothing to do with the clutch - at least for me.

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
A/C = jerky

These days in Qatar, you just CAN'T drive without the AC on, not even at night... :(

^This. A/C is mandatory, not an option! I would drive a Smart Car with A/C before a Mercedes without.

Learn to make it smooth. Either short shift below boost or above around 3700 or so. This will aid in making transitions smoother. When it is real bad 110+ combined with A/C, I regularly short shift second and run third to 3800 or so and take 5th directly...this gets you though that choppy section of the band fairly well. Once in 4th or 5th and moving all is well with the world.

The penalties for A/C usage combined with extreme heat are quite high in the MKVI and it must be driven differently to reduce the negative effects of the load these conditions place on our cars. Sporty yes, but still a 2.0 liter.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so I am stage 2 now, and is alot alot less jerky! But when i was leaving the shop (IN 93 MODE) it felt slower then it did when I was stage 1!! Hmm... and yes i made sure i was in 93 mode.... idk, but now this morning when i was going to work. i noticed a differance! could it be the ECU was adapting because it was re-flashed? or the exhaust is louder with the TBE so its just playing with my mind? I cant figure it out.. My traction control was off so it wasnt because of that.. I did notice later in the night that when i got on it I was spinning 1st 2nd and 3rd.. but i dont recall doing that before.. idk... im all confused! haha :confused: Maybe it was because I had the radio on and didnt realize I was spinning, just didnt seem like it took off like it used to! Anybody else experience this! Maybe my ECU was adapting still.. I called APR this morning and they verified my 93 mode was mode 2 and thats what I was in, so idk..

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
Ok, so I am stage 2 now, and is alot alot less jerky! But when i was leaving the shop (IN 93 MODE) it felt slower then it did when I was stage 1!! Hmm... and yes i made sure i was in 93 mode.... idk, but now this morning when i was going to work. i noticed a differance! could it be the ECU was adapting because it was re-flashed? or the exhaust is louder with the TBE so its just playing with my mind? I cant figure it out.. My traction control was off so it wasnt because of that.. I did notice later in the night that when i got on it I was spinning 1st 2nd and 3rd.. but i dont recall doing that before.. idk... im all confused! haha :confused: Maybe it was because I had the radio on and didnt realize I was spinning, just didnt seem like it took off like it used to! Anybody else experience this! Maybe my ECU was adapting still.. I called APR this morning and they verified my 93 mode was mode 2 and thats what I was in, so idk..

Many threads apparently talking about the feeling of it being slower because it doesn't have the same spike in torque down low. Then again, I don't know because I am only Stage I.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Many threads apparently talking about the feeling of it being slower because it doesn't have the same spike in torque down low. Then again, I don't know because I am only Stage I.

Maybe thats it, its more smoothed out maybe? Idk.. haha I wanna go against a stage 1, and make sure I beat them! haha :w00t:

dallasjetfan

Ready to race!
I'm adding an intake next week to see what that feels/sounds like. Also adding a pendulum/torque mount from BSH. Would like to avoid a DP since the car is a lease.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
feel smoother??

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DAMN!! im interested....