GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Devil In A Blue Dress: '11 GTI Build

I'm really Just getting started on my mk6. Will likely be a slow build as it's also my daily driver. I bought it at the end of February. THe previous owner had already done the APR Stage 1 tune, added some tartan accent decals to all of the emblems on the car, shaved off the rear GTI badge. She's a 6 Speed Manual, and under Stage 1 I'm already noticing the clutch slip under hard acceleration.

I'm going to be starting with supporting mods like bushings, upgraded hoses, etc. at first. Then a major Clutch Upgrade followed by the serious stuff. I daily drive the car so, i'm not sure yet if I'm going to go to stage 3 or stop at APR stage 2+.

I've already done a hatch pop kit, but I don't see any point in posting any pics or anything for that since it's the easiest mod you could possibly do.

Fair warning there will be a lot of pics of suspension installs, and reliability/durability mods for a while, but rest assured that once that phase is passed I should have some really fun stuff to post.

**5-2-2014
Installed Forge Atmoshperic BOV. I really like the sound. No Noticeable change in drivability/ perfomance, but it does "sound" like a turbo charged car now.

Installation was really easy:

Get the front end up in the air (w/Jackstands if you're poor like me and don't have a lift),

unplug diverter Valve,

Remove 3 5mm Allen bolts that fasten DV to the Turbo (two of them are fairly easy to get at one is somewhat of a pain I recommend getting and allen socket with n allen shaft about 1-2" long if you can)

Remove the DV( be careful not to damage the plunger on your DV),

On my car the Spacer was really hard to move around to line up the bolt holes once the spacer was seated correctly So, I suggest getting all three allen bolts started(about 3/4 to a full turn) in and tightening them in sequence(to avoid binding). You might have better luck than I did, but I had a hard time lining up the bolt holes, until I did that.

Sorry for not having pics mu phone died like 2 sec after I started jacking up the car, but rest assured the next time I get under there I'll snap a few.

Along with the BOV spacer I did also install a silicone Brake Booster Hose to replace the factory plastic one. I'm sure a lot of you guys are much more concerned with suspension, and power adding motor upgrades, but I will say this: I think it's a really easy and inexpensive way to make sure you don't have to deal with dumb little maintenance problems(that require dealership parts in some cases) by doing reliability mods like replacing Brake lines, Vacuum Lines, adding temp resistant wire looms, exhaust wrap, etc. all the little things that usually get filed in the the "Well why should I spend money/time on that if it doesn't make my car faster" bin. But anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing some pics and a run down of that Install let me know, and I'll add it to the Build thread.
Next Item on the list is the torque arm Insert

Last edited:
Just received a few parts in the mail today: Forge Atmopheric BOV Spacer (because what's the poinbt in having a turbo if it doesn't go PSHHHT lol) Whiteline Torque Arm Insert & Rack and pinion mount bushie, Super Pro Rear Inner Upper Bushie kit, and a Spulen Silicon brake Booster hose(I'm not sure if the hose is really any better, but my friend who's a ASE certified VW Tech said that it's really not a bad idea to start replacing the factory plastic lines under the hood with silicone because once you start modding a 2.0TSI motor bay temp gets a bit higher and the factory lines don't last that long).

Last edited: