GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering: Questionable quality.

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
Be warned when buying Integrated Engineering's camber plates for the MK6 platform. They DO NOT come with warranty whatsoever.

I bought a set of plates a month ago and stripped one of the top holes when I installed them, so I thought I was being stupid and accidentally stripped it. So I bit my tongue and paid $160 for a red top replacement plate.

The plate arrived, I put them on and carefully thread them slowly by hand till I can't anymore and torque them to 15Nm+ 90 degrees. Everytime I feel like it's gonna get stuck, I take them out, spray with wd-40 and clean the inside with a brush. Everything went smoothly and perfect. Experienced some light clunks few days later and thought my coilovers were blown so I decided to swap out my coils. When I took out the plates, I found out the top holes were crossthreaded somehow. Well, now I have to fork out another $160 + 6 replacement hex bolts for another weak made in China plate that will eventually crossthread somehow and no warranty.

what is quality when you don't stand behind your products. :iono:

Last edited:

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
I actualy did. Their response was that their "camber plates go through a strict quality control process before shipping." It's certainly not strict enough for the camber plates to be stripped with hands.

nuisancecc

Ready to race!
I'd hit the bolt holes with a proper size tap before spending another $160+ if I was you. I good quality tap will run you about $15.

Not supporting IE, not going against them, just trying to throw out a suggestion to save you some $$

zrickety

The Fixer
Pics? Are they aluminum or something? Not sure how you are crossthreading them but if you feel you have to back it out and use wd40 then that's what you're doing wrong.

sauceman101

Ready to race!
I've had mine in on top of VWR streetsport+'s that I had to machine a washer to make fit, other than that 0 issues, 0 install issues. Honestly, the camber plates, are probably the highest quality piece I have on my car and everything is from one of the big name brand tuners.

As for your issue if you can't turn a bolt nearly all the way in by hand easily, especially bolts as small as the three mount bolts for the plates there is an issue. Either you're cross threading the, the bolts are the wrong size or have the wrong thread pitch, there's load on the plate somehow. I would get a tap and clean up the threads before anything else, always the easiest solution to try first

onefastGTI1

Ready to race!
UPDATE: Talked to Tyler and he helped with a 50% off. I'm not completely satisfied but definitely feel better than before.

However, I will give drill and tap a shot before spending any more money on alignment and plates. Bolts used were part#: N10127707 so they were not the wrong size or have wrong thread pitch. I might have over torqued them, and I don't blame this entirely on Integrate Engineering. Here are the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/FTwnH

A friend of mine cross threaded his Ground Control's and they sent out a replacement part the next day.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
I was very concerned and confused by this issue you had, I understand your frustration surely.

These plates are a very high quality part that we manufacture in-house from the highest quality components. Every plate is CNC machined to exact specifications on verified tools. Every plate is exactly the same. We take the quality of this part very seriously, they go through a strict quality control process and we serial number every one to track them and make sure there are no Chinese duplicates being passed as real.

The threads in these plates are roll-formed, this is the most reliable, exacting, and advanced process of machine threading. After I heard of your issue the first time we checked the threads of the plate we sent out. We also had a machinist and engineer pull multiple plates out of inventory from the same batch run of plates, they were all spot on to spec.

I feel like there is something else going on here and I want nothing more than for you to be happy with this part. Our camber plates are a very popular product for us, and this is the only case of a stripped plate that has ever been reported. I tried my best to get these shipped out to as quickly as possible and gave you the best discount on the replacement part I could. Please, let me know if I can do anything else to help with your install as I do want you to get the most out of your purchase.