GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What tires come stock on a 2013 GTI?

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yep both the Dunlops and the Pirellis have soft sidewalls and are prone to sidewall bubbles. I replaced my tires at 600 miles and haven't looked back since.

ottwabbit

Ready to race!
I have Dunlops on my R, and actually do not mind them. I had Marangoni Summer performance tires on my 08 Rabbit (an upgrade at a VW dealership), and I prefer the 'stock' Dunlops... Marangoni tires were SOOOO freaking loud to the point that I was looking forward to the Winter to put my Winters on...

amsirron23

Ready to race!
My 11 GTI came with 18" Dunlops... Looking to switch them out this summer and thinking about the Ventus V12s... As I heard the Star Specs are waaaay too loud.

miami90

Ready to race!
Why hate on the Dunlops...I think they're perfectly fine, no road noise and comfy too.

5k miles so far

Fabien

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine came with 'Made in Poland' Pirellis. I do not like them. However, I think it may not be the tires themselves as the tire/wheel set up, which uses 18" wheels so that there's not that much rubber between the wheels and the road. The ride is not comfortable at all in summer.

I am currently riding on winter tires. I changed to 17" with Michelin. The ride is so much more comfortable. It feels safer.

I will most certainly change to 17" for summer as well when the current 18" die - in 2 years or so, I hope, even though personally I think the 18" do look better on the GTI. Will I go with Pirelli then? I don't know yet.

Last edited: