GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hey guys - Bluetooth upgrade stuff

dstill

Ready to race!
Mine is steel also. The black one is the 9W2 basic bluetooth module that I am replacing.

Hi, probably a question for Bubuski but please feel free to comment if you can answer my query.:)

I have installed the Bluetooth unit i bought off the Polish guy on Ebay under my passenger seat, the metal box in the above photo. My question is the antenna sticks out about 40mm forwards. This is the area under the seat where the passengers heels would be. I'm worried this could get damaged. Can anyone confirm if the factory installed unit has the antenna facing forwards like mine is, or should it be facing backwards.:mad0259:

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Hi, probably a question for Bubuski but please feel free to comment if you can answer my query.:)

I have installed the Bluetooth unit i bought off the Polish guy on Ebay under my passenger seat, the metal box in the above photo. My question is the antenna sticks out about 40mm forwards. This is the area under the seat where the passengers heels would be. I'm worried this could get damaged. Can anyone confirm if the factory installed unit has the antenna facing forwards like mine is, or should it be facing backwards.:mad0259:

The wiring and antenna on mine is mounted facing backwards(towards the rear of the car just as my OEM 9w2). The wiring comes from the rear. I'll try to take a picture later.

dstill

Ready to race!
The wiring and antenna on mine is mounted facing backwards(towards the rear of the car just as my OEM 9w2). The wiring comes from the rear. I'll try to take a picture later.

Thanks Bubuski, i knew you would come to the rescue, a true gent.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

zee

Go Kart Champion
Here are the photos. I use my fingers to guide the antenna so I know how far to mount the module without putting pressure on the antenna.*

dstill

Ready to race!
Here are the photos. I use my fingers to guide the antenna so I know how far to mount the module without putting pressure on the antenna.*

Thanks Bubuski, thats a great help. As always, you are efficient and a credit to this forum.:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks again, much appreciated.:)