GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flickering headlight...

snowboardnj

Hey Guys

I am having problems with my gtis headlight's. To begin with the,
The outer two lights illuminate fine (the d2s bulbs) but the right one flickers and shuts off randomly and turns back on. I just brought 2 new 600k bulbs to replace the stock ones. My car battery died a few weeks ago and I am wondering if the problem could be linked. However, all the other electronics in the car work fine.

Also, the inner headlights (the h7 bulbs) will not turn on. I have removed the lights and they don't seem to be burnt out.is there any reason why they wouldn't be turned on?

Thanks for helping a newbie out.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
***Just noticed that you have a MKV GLI, head over to golfmkv.com and you will get better information as your headlights are different from the mk6's***

There is no inner H7 bulb in the hid housing. That was a mkv design. The inner light on the mk6 is the turn signal.

Unfortunately, the flickering could be a couple of things. You've already swapped bulbs, so that's probably not the issue. Next would be an issue with the ballast or igniter. One thing you could so is swap each component to the other side and see if the flicker follows

Sent from space using dark matter

Last edited:

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
...But if you want an answer about the inner lights not working, it's be cause they are a flash-to-pass (FTP), they only stay on if you make some adjustments with vag-com. Otherwise they are only on when you go to 'flash' someone (pull forward on the turn signal stock)

snowboardnj

Interesting. After driving around with the headlight switched, the side that I switched it to started flickering so it must be the bulb. It's there anything that you guys know of that can fix a headlight? I think I bent the filament next to the bulb on installing it which could be the problem but I would rather not buy a new bulb.any ideas