GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
a few weeks ago I raced another mk6 at the berlin turnpike and apparently he's only revo stage 1 and I barely beat him with Eurodyne stage 2..granted its the base map and hasn't been tweaked.

Get your car checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Ohhh a fellow Pike going. Thought the crowd was dead.

It's been pretty busy over the last month. I might go up tonight to check it out if the rain holds out.

zef

Drag Racing Champion

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
I mean how much faster should a stage 2 be than a stage 1?

Stage 2 car should be 3+ cars faster if it's running right (not the shitty OTS tunes that everyone here is overcharged with). When I was Stage 1+ Cobb my friends Benz and I where dead even. When I was Stage 2 on e85 I let him get the jump (1 car) and would reel him in and put 2 cars on him by 130.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Problem with Stage II is the change of the DP. In states like California where you get your cars smogged all the time its an instant fail. So you have to take it off then back on, on, off, on off, its a PITA.

Dollar vs Dollar the Stage I tune is the best bang for the buck. Sure a Stage II will or should "beat" a stage I car in theory but that isn't always the case is it?

On track, SCCA Solo II I was running a 360whp Evo 9 MR and would get spanked by stock Miata's so much of it comes to drivers skill vs Power alone. So many variables here. A guy running Stage I with good tires and a good suspension set up may beat a stage II car with AS tires and a stock suspension set up. I have seen it all at the track haha.

Just my thoughts...

Jeff

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I mean how much faster should a stage 2 be than a stage 1?

It all depends really, they have more low end so from a dead stop they'll spool faster and if they have sticky tires that'll allow them to hook right away where as a stage 2 with not so good tires might spin a lot more due to having more torque and less grip then it might beat you. You should be able to beat a stage 1 car at the top end though as that's where you get more power with stage 2. The top end becomes more useable due to the upgraded dp. It's all about the driver having better control of modulating the throttle really. These cars without sticky tires just spin lol

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Problem with Stage II is the change of the DP. In states like California where you get your cars smogged all the time its an instant fail. So you have to take it off then back on, on, off, on off, its a PITA.

Dollar vs Dollar the Stage I tune is the best bang for the buck. Sure a Stage II will or should "beat" a stage I car in theory but that isn't always the case is it?

On track, SCCA Solo II I was running a 360whp Evo 9 MR and would get spanked by stock Miata's so much of it comes to drivers skill vs Power alone. So many variables here. A guy running Stage I with good tires and a good suspension set up may beat a stage II car with AS tires and a stock suspension set up. I have seen it all at the track haha.

Just my thoughts...

Jeff

You're absolutely right, good sticky tires are a MUST with these cars

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I beat my Boss's 5.0 on Sunday, he disrespected my golf so I just had to show him the view of my LED tails real quick [emoji4][emoji1417]

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
I beat my Boss's 5.0 on Sunday, he disrespected my golf so I just had to show him the view of my LED tails real quick [emoji4][emoji1417]

Mods? K04?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Mods? K04?

No not K04 :/ I'm just stage 2 with bolt ons. Just fmic, the intake and catless dp. I'm running Eurodyne's stage 2 OTS 93 Oct file. I have some pretty decent sticky tires that don't really spin much, they put the power down really well. I believe that the most important mod is Tires, I'm planning on doing an LSD before going K04

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Kind of hard to believe that a stage 2 gti beat a newer 5.0 mustang. I'm guessing it was a dig race and the 5.0 just sat there and spun tire cause that 5.0 from a roll would probably put a bus length on ya without much of a hiccup

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Kind of hard to believe that a stage 2 gti beat a newer 5.0 mustang. I'm guessing it was a dig race and the 5.0 just sat there and spun tire cause that 5.0 from a roll would probably put a bus length on ya without much of a hiccup

It was a very low roll, he didn't spin either but from a dig I've beat them too. They'll take off on me and then once I hook I reel them in and pass them up. I'm guessing it's just the drivers that ive came across don't drive too well. I took off on the mustang Gen before the latest one on the freeway as well it was a hertz 5.0 but obviously in the higher top end they reel you in, he passed me up and pulled by a couple of cars not bus lengths tho. These little golfs will surprise you.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I raced another gti today, rolling 40 he let me take off. I had already noticed his fmic and exhaust. I knew he would spank me and while he never passed me he had to get in my lane due to traffic. He could have easily ran his car up my ass. I looked in my rearview and couldnt even see the front of his car. After race he flew past me i gave him a thumbs up.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
It was a very low roll, he didn't spin either but from a dig I've beat them too. They'll take off on me and then once I hook I reel them in and pass them up. I'm guessing it's just the drivers that ive came across don't drive too well. I took off on the mustang Gen before the latest one on the freeway as well it was a hertz 5.0 but obviously in the higher top end they reel you in, he passed me up and pulled by a couple of cars not bus lengths tho. These little golfs will surprise you.

I never bothered to run a 5.0 at low speeds, still figured I'd get passed easily. I've got some damn nice tires as well as various other suspension mods and mounts and I still easily spin 1st gear and some of 2nd if I'm not careful. I'm also stage 2, fully bolted.