GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Fluidampr® Crank Pulley for Volkswagen TSI® Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Dyno numbers are shown few pictures below. They are from the same car, same tune (09 VW GTI DSG ,DM TSI K04), same weather conditions (78-80F, low humidity), same driver (me, shop owner lets me be behind the wheel during pulls) and on the same dynojet.

Also, both dynos where completed after driving to the shop after work for about 26 miles in slower traffic for about an hour. Once I've arrived at the shop car was strapped down right away without geeing any time to cool down and we did 3 back to back runs on each dyno session.

this little fan didn't help with my maf readings (only saw 231 g/s)

this one would have worked better:(

Ok, here it is. Showing the highest numbers from pre and post damper install (on both dyno sessions the numbers went down after each run, first runs shown below for both).

Dynorun.013 =stock damper
Dynorun.016 =fluidampr

This dynojet reads a little lower from the other one my car used before, but I made the choice to go with this one knowing I can be behind the wheel and get perfect 4th gear full wot runs on both dyno sessions.

SORRY it took so long to get this done, but I really wanted to get this done perfectly. Trust me I've tried to get this done weeks ago...........ask Ryan:rolleyes:

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Shop owner has no idea how to get me drf files from the dyno. I've tried saving my file on my memory stick from the desktop, but winpep7 won't open them up. Does anyone know how to save drf files? Maybe i just need the older version of winpep?

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Here are my iPhone pics from earlier today. Showing the same dyno graph before it was printed:

sovietsky19

Go Kart Champion
Wow great numbers! Thanks Dave! Now im def getting this product.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
How is it overkill though? Is his argument that 5hp isnt worth the price? or is he suggesting it bad for the engine?

Those are two very different angles on what can be considered "overkill"

He means it's "overkill" in terms of adding it for safety. Like I said, he admits to it being a great product which really does work - but if you're concerned about adding something for safety on your engine then a K04 setup or less doesn't justify it in his opinion.

Does it make extra power? Yes. Proven.
Does it safeguard the engine? Yes. But in some cases more than others.

In my view this product is recommended for anyone who wants 5-10 more HP running K04, or someone that's running a BT setup that wants to protect the engine a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.