GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Boost Graph

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Hi,

I've a APR K04 (1.8TSI version) and I'm a little concerned by the consistent gap between Actual and Specified Boost, where Actual > Specified under load.

Is this normal behavior on all K04 tunes?

See Graph Attached.
K04.jpg

Attachments

• Boost - Comparison.jpg
    Boost - Comparison.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 141

RaySkodaTSI

Ready to race!
Umm when you log log in 4th gear from 2000 all the way to redline at WOT

Runs are all in 4th. Just overlayed data side by side. Looks like I need a 3Bar map sensor, as the 2.5bar is getting overcome by the boost levels(thanks to the de-cat downpipe) and throwing the car into limp mode.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Runs are all in 4th. Just overlayed data side by side. Looks like I need a 3Bar map sensor, as the 2.5bar is getting overcome by the boost levels(thanks to the de-cat downpipe) and throwing the car into limp mode.

You can't just throw in a 3 bar MAP, you need a tune for it that scales for it. Your data is pretty common for K04 cars and shouldn't be anything to worry about as like you noticed the MAP can only read so high.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hi,

I've a APR K04 (1.8TSI version) and I'm a little concerned by the consistent gap between Actual and Specified Boost, where Actual > Specified under load.

Is this normal behavior on all K04 tunes?

See Graph Attached.
View attachment 49564

To do a proper log you should be in 4th gear and the run should start at 2000 rpm and go to redline. The graphs should show the full range, you have it zoomed in on just a portion of the run and the variations look big graphically but actually represent very small variations. You might want to try it again. What you have posted is useless in determining if you have a problem.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I'd be more worried about the lack of timing advance in the one chart on your previous post