GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone run the awe s3 style TOP?

FriggenT1

Banned
I'm looking to get rid of the oem clips, and I saw that the s3 style that eliminates them. Anyone know if that would work with my wagner intercooler pipes?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i'm curious about fitment. i have a eurojet IC and damaged the IC inlet hose. since eurojet is out of business i bought a replacement hose from CTS thinking they were all the same and it's a much tighter fit than the EJ one was. Plus it looks like the S3 TOP outlet might be slightly larger than stock the way it bubbles out? but otherwise it should fit most kits i'd assume.

FriggenT1

Banned
i'm curious about fitment. i have a eurojet IC and damaged the IC inlet hose. since eurojet is out of business i bought a replacement hose from CTS thinking they were all the same and it's a much tighter fit than the EJ one was. Plus it looks like the S3 TOP outlet might be slightly larger than stock the way it bubbles out? but otherwise it should fit most kits i'd assume.

So you know which one I'm talking about then? I didn't see a lot of people using it (or read a lot of them that used it rather

http://www.urotuning.com/AWE-Tuning-S3-Style-TSI-Turbo-Outlet-Pipe-p/7210-13016.htm

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I have the Wagner intercooler and the AWE S3 top on my k04 setup. fits fine. Wagner silicone hose is a bit long on the motor side of the top, but i left it alone and its been fine for years.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you do buy one, make sure they have them in stock or readily available. They were on back order for the longest time before (for months!)

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Just to add I'm running it on my Neuspeed FMIC.. Had to heat up the hose to get it to fit.. A real PITA.

FriggenT1

Banned
Ok guys, got a WTB in the classifieds, but if anyone here has one of these and wants to sell, I'll take it off your hands !