GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Balancing in CT?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So I got some new Indy 500s put on a few weeks ago and i'm feeling some slight shake when I accelerate around 70 and wanted to get the balance checked. I would go back to Firestone and get it for free but I don't trust them. I told them one tire looked low the day after I got them mounted and they said all was fine. Got back home and the front passenger was at 46 psi, front driver at 20, and rears at 34. Then got my clutch put in and the shop had an alignment done and his words were "I'm not sure the last time you had an alignment done but the rear was wayyyyyy off." It was 2 days prior to dropping it off, at Firestone... So anyway, good place in CT to get tire balance checked?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
What part of CT?

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Chelsea_Dagger_GTI

Ready to race!
I've actually used Firestone while living in CT. Disappointing (to me) that they didn't do a great job w/ you. I've been to both Bristol and Danbury and both were excellent.

I think something to do is go to Tirerack and filter out their recommended installers who have a roadforce balancing machine.

I have Indy 500's too and they are fantastic

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I've actually used Firestone while living in CT. Disappointing (to me) that they didn't do a great job w/ you. I've been to both Bristol and Danbury and both were excellent.

I think something to do is go to Tirerack and filter out their recommended installers who have a roadforce balancing machine.

I have Indy 500's too and they are fantastic
I went to the New London one so it could just be that one, would I be able to get balancing done free at any of them?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Chelsea_Dagger_GTI

Ready to race!
I went to the New London one so it could just be that one, would I be able to get balancing done free at any of them?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

It is any from what I've been told. Which is good because I'm moving to Boston in 2 days.

When I moved to Danbury, they had me in the computer from the Bristol location.