GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI Launch Control in Canada

• Thread starter Deleted member 30464
  • Start date

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Found my TDI seems to have LC. It's a 6 speed. Clutch to the floor car revs to 2500 or so. Witht the ebrake on it revs free. Maybe it's something the TDI does for some reason?

My GTI does it too. I thought it was a form of launch control for the MT crowd but ppl on vortex think its a safety feature???

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
As per VW Canada, Launch Control is standard in Canada on the MK6 GTI with DSG, however it has to be activated at the dealership at the time of the PDI, it is not activated from the factory.

zee

Go Kart Champion
As per VW Canada, Launch Control is standard in Canada on the MK6 GTI with DSG, however it has to be activated at the dealership at the time of the PDI, it is not activated from the factory.

Probably has changed then as was not the case when I got mine. It cannot be turned on through vag-com/vas tools, the DSG transmission has to be re-flashed to activate it.

mrtn

Ready to race!
so I thought I would go out and try launch control tonight, I did all the steps I think, manual or s mode, esp off, break, gas... it revs to 1900 rpm then starts to 'flutter' and wont go any higher. does this mean its not activated?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't be the case.

Follow these steps exactly to test it:

Come to a complete stop.
Turn off ESP - hold button for 5 seconds. Make sure light is blinking.
Shift transmission to S or Manual mode.
Press firmly on the brake pedal - FIRM]/b] pressure.
Press on gas and watch revs rise.
Release when ready.

mrtn

Ready to race!
Shouldn't be the case.

Follow these steps exactly to test it:

Come to a complete stop.
Turn off ESP - hold button for 5 seconds. Make sure light is blinking.
Shift transmission to S or Manual mode.
Press firmly on the brake pedal - FIRM]/b] pressure.
Press on gas and watch revs rise.
Release when ready.

Tried again today... no dice. It just goes up smoothly to 1900 then 'flutters'

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Weird. Bring it to the dealer, and ask what they say?

What happens when you release the brake (while still on the gas)?

mrtn

Ready to race!
Weird. Bring it to the dealer, and ask what they say?

What happens when you release the brake (while still on the gas)?

just takes off like normal, a little more power because the revs are higher, but its certainly not a 'launch'

mrtn

Ready to race!
Got it figured out. Met up with a user on the forum (drunknfoo) and we figured it out. I just wasnt giving it enough gas... sounds stupid but I was afraid to give it more gas if it was wrecking something.