GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Power into Summer SALE - June 21st - July 31st

glowworm238

Ready to race!
Ranchotony,

we had a chance to look into this a bit more. It appears the clear coat on some intakes is smooth enough the filter is able to slide off the trumpet. To alleviate this, we have a procedure to dull the clear on the mounting surface to ensure the filter sticks properly. This only seems to affect soem customers, however we've now made it a running change for all intakes in the future.

Please email me, aahnell@goapr.com and I'll forward you the TSB.

-Arin

I had the same problem,
Take some carb clean or brake clean on a rag and wipe off the oil on the inside of the air filter where it slides over the intake tube. It won't slip any more!

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
I have a question for APR and everybody else.

Basically, sending the ECM directly to APR to flash vs. finding a local dealer.

I can get the ECM out myself no problem and I have another car to drive. Shipping costs are much less than any APR dealers labor (i was quoted $120 from my closest dealer). Plus, I won't have to take any time off work to get it done.

What do you guys think? Is there something I'm overlooking, 'cause I'm about to ship this baby off, like tomorrow!:D

Carbonio

Passed Driver's Ed
Ranchotony,

we had a chance to look into this a bit more. It appears the clear coat on some intakes is smooth enough the filter is able to slide off the trumpet. To alleviate this, we have a procedure to dull the clear on the mounting surface to ensure the filter sticks properly. This only seems to affect soem customers, however we've now made it a running change for all intakes in the future.

Please email me, aahnell@goapr.com and I'll forward you the TSB.

-Arin

Here is the TSB if anyone wants it:

iamagoodboi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Arin,

I remember you saying that reflashing to stage 2 is free after we get the hardware, do the additional mods have to be APR products in order to get the reflash?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hey Arin,

I remember you saying that reflashing to stage 2 is free after we get the hardware, do the additional mods have to be APR products in order to get the reflash?

Stage 2 is a free upgrade, BUT your local APR dealer/shop might charge you though. (it's their call/choice)

And no you don't have to use APR products....you just need a (high flowing) downpipe for Stage 2. An intake is preferred though too

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Arin@APR,
If I don't have time to get this done during the sale period, can I schedule it with the local place before it ends to still get the sale price?

Also, will you guys be doing any tunes at waterfest? I saw somewhere that was the case in the past but since the MK6 is different I don't know if it is feasible.