GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR

Makersmark153

I am currently stationed in Italy. After reading this forums I decided to go with APR for my MK6 GTI stage 1 tune. There are not many APR dealers here, closest one was about 2 hours away. Due to the language barrier I have no idea what modes were installed or how to change them. I have emailed APR 4 times in the two months since I had it done and still have not received a response. I would think after dropping 700 dollars I could at least get an automated response saying my business is important. Nothing. I have heard horror stories about APR and this confirms it. Hopefully one of APR employees that are always hyping their products on this forum will see this.

Uberryan

Banned
No surprise. Recently, trying to get a hold of anyone at APR for technical purposes proves difficult if not impossible. Calling their H/O number gives you a secretary that states you have to email blah blah blah.

Spoonylove

Passed Driver's Ed
Why are there so many APR fanbois is beyond me.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Arin@APR is regularly on here. Maybe he can point you in the right direction. Otherwise, go to someone who wants your business. Just my .02.

Uberryan

Banned
Why are there so many APR fanbois is beyond me.

False sense of security and trust in a company or brand that isn't after your loyalty, just your money before they pack it in and take off.

Simply put, they have too much pride and maybe some attachment issues. Personally, I know bad business when I see it. Although I fell for the big brand gimmick twice now on two cars, this will be the last car I have any APR installed on.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
They built a strong name for themselves years ago. Then, apparently after they were bought out, everything went downhill. Good example of a great company gone bad.

I think they likely still have some great products, I just won't trust their ECU tune or their exhaust. But I would consider them for bars and mounts. I also haven't heard anything bad about their TCU tunes.

To answer your question, you only have limited options of what files you could have access to. Have you tried to change the tune (http://www.goapr.com/support/dpp_emcs_instructions.pdf). When you change tunes, it only shows you which tunes you can pick from, not which tune in currently being used. But if you change tunes once, and then go to change it again, you should be able to infer which files you have.

If you can't change tunes, then your car isn't Fully Loaded, which means you should only have one tune on there, and then it is impossible (from what I know) to discern what file you have without APR's direct involvement. And that's when things get difficult. I don't think they are motivated to support someone anymore when they have already received your money.

zrickety

The Fixer
Myself and a friend both have had positive APR experiences, but that was about 4 years ago. I can't speak to current tunes, but my old versions run great.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Stay far away from APR

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Send an email to:
support@goapr.com

I had 2 different issues and they emailed me back and resolved both of them.
I'm not too sure if it'll be different though since you're an international customer, but hopefully someone can get you pointed in the right direction.

But realistically you should be talking/dealing with the shop that installed the software. They should've given you a print out of the programs (what spot they're in), and then have someone translate it for you

dead_catz

Ready to race!
Stay far away from APR

I run a lot of apr hardware mostly because it was cheap as dirt on Craigslist. There's so much negative feedback it's making it difficult to go k04 I don't know if I should drop 2280.00 on there k04 kit because no one else seems to be that cheap with tune

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I run a lot of apr hardware mostly because it was cheap as dirt on Craigslist. There's so much negative feedback it's making it difficult to go k04 I don't know if I should drop 2280.00 on there k04 kit because no one else seems to be that cheap with tune
The negative feedback is mostly related to their marketing guys which are douchey. I'd never send my car to their facility due to reports of them going to the track with customer cars. That's where it ends, their products and tune don't really have issues. I've had their k04 and tune for 2 years with no problems.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
The negative feedback is mostly related to their marketing guys which are douchey. I'd never send my car to their facility due to reports of them going to the track with customer cars. That's where it ends, their products and tune don't really have issues. I've had their k04 and tune for 2 years with no problems.

What do you mean their tune doesn't have issues??? Have you missed the giant thread detailing all of the problems with their 2.X releases? It's only been seven months since the release and they still don't have a fix. Their tune is the last thing of theirs I would trust right now.

zrickety

The Fixer
I run older k04 and stage 1 tunes without issue.