GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locked thread. thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I wrote a positive 5 star review at first, then updated it to a negative review and now I'm going to update it to a 4-star review, No need to jump to conclusions when you dont know any details :confused: I was told that Usp couldn't do anything to help me and I was going to have to wait a month longer for my items to arrive. 2 days later I get an email saying my order was shipped :thumbsup:

You should take your own advice. Just take a breath and calm down before you start trashing every company you buy from.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Let me guess, he even wrote a negative review before even letting you guys work something out? Gotta love it.

Everyone writes reviews super quick when they are butt hurt. I just dont even care about my reviews anymore. They have not once effected me at all.
But for the funs ill include my take on their reviews.

I have 5 negatives reviews on Google for my company. They all call me a jerk. The funny thing is 3 of them we never did any work with at all.. they called us up i went out to give them an estimate on their windows and they were just be so ridiculous from the get go that i just declined the job right then and their and said that "we(my company name) would not be interested in bidding their job and hoped they were successful in their project."
Que the music a few months later i have 3 1 star reviews on google from those same people calling us jerks and saying we were offering crap products etc(all this time we never even bid them or got pass the measuring stage so they didnt even know what brand of windows i carry etc).

The other 2 are people we did jobs for...
the first one is a guy we did a job for about three years ago(he just wrote the review this year about 5 months ago. We installed and there was some paint and plaster damage as to be expected from removing/replacing windows in a 60 year old home that has been settling for equally as long. So the boss at the time(my dad) went out to look at the damage and go over what would/could be done about it. (mind you this is just little chips in the paint and a few cracks/chips in the plaster on the inside around the window) so the guy is having a conniption about the state we left his house in and all this stuff.. which my father as decent as he is will meet excessive aggression back with aggression... he tells him "look its not that huge of a deal(like dont have a heart attack over some paint scratches man), its about a half hours worth of work to fill in the plaster and paint over it" he then asked him if he had any paint for the touch up(since it was colored and not white) and the guy freaks out on him saying that were trying to swindle him into spending more money and finally my dads had about enough and said"well whats the name of the paint/where did you buy it will go buy a quart myself i was just asking if you had it so it would match"
And the guy continues to freak out so my dad is walking towards the door now and tells him when he finds our what kind of paint it is to let us know and the guy pulls a knife on my dad and tells him your gonna fix this now etc and so my dad left and black listed him and told him when he called in the next day that no one from our company would be going out to his house due to fear for their safety.

The other guy who we actually installed is this kid about my age(mid 20s) who went well.. he had a slight issue with the bathroom window sash being kind of unbalanced but we resolved that... and then every time we would request final payment he would find another thing wrong.. so we did this little things for about a week or two then his screen on his sliding glass door had issues (which turned out to be his 100lb dog was jumping/bumping into it and pushing it off the track) but he would always complain that the screen wouldnt stay on.. so we sent out the factory reps/service and they tightened the screen up on the door and then we would call him for final payment (at this time its now about 2 months after we installed and he owes us $6,000.00 still) he complains the screen fell off the track again so we send service (from the factory again) and they do their thing.. the whole factory service takes about a month for them to get out there and then a week or two after they go out they fax over the completed work order.. so we call him now almost 4 months after install and the 2nd time the factory was out there for his "loose screen" (even though it was determined by us and the factory that it was being hit/knocked off the track not falling off due to being loose or undersized)
and he complains that it fell off again... so we straight up asked him.. are you bumping into it or your dog and knocking it off the track? because there is no way we can stop that from happening **(we had asked him and offered him a heavy duty screen which comes on its own real independent track system but he didnt want to pay the extra $100, the reason we offered it was because from the get go he was concerned the dog would hit it and cause it to break/not roll properly) So we reminded him of that conversation and he does a little complaining and offered to pay the balance if we gave him a discount due to the "unsatisfactory screen he received" so that's when it was easily identifiable that he just wanted money off. So we told him we would come out on more time and put the screen on the track for him but there would be no reason to hold off payment any longer. he then tried to say that the factory reps never fixed anything and that they would just look at it so we had the factory send us over their work orders where it shows his signature stating all work was completed and he even check-marked that he was satisfied with the working order the work order item upon completion..(Twice now he signed off).

So we said we will come out put it back on the track and then expected payment or we would file a lien on the house as it had been 6 months since original install (only would have been a few days since we were on the job site since we were going to put the screen on so in accordance with the lien law.) And then he paid.

Shoot a month later and the google reviews is up about how we threatened to lien is house unless he paid etc and that he has a screen that doesn't work etc.

So sometimes the customer just is not right. But anyways theres a day in the life of me

Noodle1

Ready to race!
You should take your own advice. Just take a breath and calm down before you start trashing every company you buy from.

I did get screwed over so I left a bad review. I emailed them and I was told I WAS NOT going to receive my order anytime before January 6th. I unexpectedly received an email a day later saying that my order has been shipped. And again I wrote a 5-star review before this incident, and then I updated it to a 1-star review, and now I updated it to a 4-star review.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I did get screwed over so I left a bad review. I emailed them and I was told I WAS NOT going to receive my order anytime before January 6th. I unexpectedly received an email a day later saying that my order has been shipped. And again I wrote a 5-star review before this incident, and then I updated it to a 1-star review, and now I updated it to a 4-star review.

How is that getting screwed?
I order stuff all the time on the internet those are guesstimates on ship dates sometimes shit happens. Sometimes FedEx looses your package for 3 weeks.
Sometimes it doesnt get shipped for a month.

Life happens and you dont always get what you want. You already got the item at a reduced price they offered to cancel it hassle free since the time frame was an annoyance to you. Your just being an impatient dick.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you left a 5 star review before you even received a shipment notification.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
#millenials

We're not all bad damnit!

I can relate to Lilones comment above pretty well. There's some people out there that just feel way too entitled or they're way too picky about shit. I work at my dads boat dealership. I'm not a salesmen, but I sell some boats here and there when I get the opportunity.

Some people are calm and relaxed, they don't worry about very much, and these people are always great to work with and usually end up being your best customers. These are the types of people that you want to go out of your way to help anytime they need it.

Then you've got other people that no matter how good of a job you've done there's always something they can find to bitch about. These end up being the types of people that you help because you don't want to receive a negative review.

I've also seen people walk into the door extremely unhappy because of whatever, sometimes minor things. Before you even start talking to them you can tell it's not going to be a pleasant conversation. They get themselves so worked up and pissed off and then they come in and bring it out on employees, or my dad. The problem is these people haven't even spoken with us about the problem yet, we haven't even had an opportunity to correct the issue for them. I've even seen people bring us issues that had nothing to do with anything we did, but we're receiving the blame and threats about lawyers.

If you keep your cool and talk to us like a normal human it'll take you farther than acting like an entitled dick. The cool guys you want to go above and beyond for because you actually like them and want to keep them as a customer. The angry dicks end up receiving bare minimum service because that's all you want to do for them. Just do what they asked, do it the best you can, and get them out of the door and gone, and you only do it out of fear of a negative review.

I just had a boat delivered to a customer on tuesday this week. The guy spent $90k and he's having an issue with the electric top not working correctly. He's called me several times and we've texted back and forth about it. He's been cool about it this entire time though. Not once has he sounded angry or upset, or said anything bad about us or are service. He's a happy man, he's just having this 1 issue. He knows we'll fix it for him, so it's a non issue. He even texted me asking where the cover for his GPS was yesterday and I had to tell him it didn't come with one. Again he didn't get upset about it. I think I'll probably end up ordering him a cover out of my own pocket because this guys been so great. He's got a shit ton more money than I do, and I know he doesn't need me to buy the cover for him, but I want to.

We had one guy about my age (I'm 28) come and buy a smaller boat. At the time he ordered the boat we had a promotion going for an extended warranty on the motor if the boat was delivered before the cut off date. Our salesmen have all been doing this for a very long, and they are some of the most honest salesmen in the business. They know what they're doing and what to say, and they would never promise somebody we could get them the promotion if we knew it wasn't 100% possible. This guys boat ends up still being in production when the promotion ends so we had to tell him we missed the cut off date. He came in all pissed off bitching to the salesman, then asked to speak with my dad. This guy was just nothin but entitled and he had the lamest reasoning I've ever heard. Like I said I know for a fact the salesman was clear to him about the extended warranty, they always are. This guy comes in like, I did my job and got a loan from the bank so I could purchase the boat, now you guys need to do your job and get me the warranty. Wtf? That's not how it works. Yamaha sets the dates and shit, we don't have any control over that. We still ended up getting him an extended warraty, but it costs us money to do that, and I can guarantee you he still felt sour towards us afterwards. The salesman was doing nothing but going out of his way to try and make this guy happy, but he just couldn't see it.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
We're not all bad damnit!

I can relate to Lilones comment above pretty well. There's some people out there that just feel way too entitled or they're way too picky about shit. I work at my dads boat dealership. I'm not a salesmen, but I sell some boats here and there when I get the opportunity.

Some people are calm and relaxed, they don't worry about very much, and these people are always great to work with and usually end up being your best customers. These are the types of people that you want to go out of your way to help anytime they need it.

Then you've got other people that no matter how good of a job you've done there's always something they can find to bitch about. These end up being the types of people that you help because you don't want to receive a negative review.

I've also seen people walk into the door extremely unhappy because of whatever, sometimes minor things. Before you even start talking to them you can tell it's not going to be a pleasant conversation. They get themselves so worked up and pissed off and then they come in and bring it out on employees, or my dad. The problem is these people haven't even spoken with us about the problem yet, we haven't even had an opportunity to correct the issue for them. I've even seen people bring us issues that had nothing to do with anything we did, but we're receiving the blame and threats about lawyers.

If you keep your cool and talk to us like a normal human it'll take you farther than acting like an entitled dick. The cool guys you want to go above and beyond for because you actually like them and want to keep them as a customer. The angry dicks end up receiving bare minimum service because that's all you want to do for them. Just do what they asked, do it the best you can, and get them out of the door and gone, and you only do it out of fear of a negative review.

I just had a boat delivered to a customer on tuesday this week. The guy spent $90k and he's having an issue with the electric top not working correctly. He's called me several times and we've texted back and forth about it. He's been cool about it this entire time though. Not once has he sounded angry or upset, or said anything bad about us or are service. He's a happy man, he's just having this 1 issue. He knows we'll fix it for him, so it's a non issue. He even texted me asking where the cover for his GPS was yesterday and I had to tell him it didn't come with one. Again he didn't get upset about it. I think I'll probably end up ordering him a cover out of my own pocket because this guys been so great. He's got a shit ton more money than I do, and I know he doesn't need me to buy the cover for him, but I want to.

We had one guy about my age (I'm 28) come and buy a smaller boat. At the time he ordered the boat we had a promotion going for an extended warranty on the motor if the boat was delivered before the cut off date. Our salesmen have all been doing this for a very long, and they are some of the most honest salesmen in the business. They know what they're doing and what to say, and they would never promise somebody we could get them the promotion if we knew it wasn't 100% possible. This guys boat ends up still being in production when the promotion ends so we had to tell him we missed the cut off date. He came in all pissed off bitching to the salesman, then asked to speak with my dad. This guy was just nothin but entitled and he had the lamest reasoning I've ever heard. Like I said I know for a fact the salesman was clear to him about the extended warranty, they always are. This guy comes in like, I did my job and got a loan from the bank so I could purchase the boat, now you guys need to do your job and get me the warranty. Wtf? That's not how it works. Yamaha sets the dates and shit, we don't have any control over that. We still ended up getting him an extended warraty, but it costs us money to do that, and I can guarantee you he still felt sour towards us afterwards. The salesman was doing nothing but going out of his way to try and make this guy happy, but he just couldn't see it.

Yes i agree.

To everyone else who doesn't wanna read our novels

TLDR: Customers can be real dicks. Those that dont act like dicks get treated far better than those that are dicks.

JohnoBurr

Ready to race!
TLDR: Customers can be real dicks. Those that dont act like dicks get treated far better than those that are dicks.

I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp for so many people. If you're treated like shit by someone would you want to treat them kindly? You're a lot more likely to get good results by not blowing a fuse immediately.

mlody91

Ready to race!
I've never dealt with USPMotorsports (seem like cool guys) but man do I hate me some Black Forest Industries.

Status
Not open for further replies.