GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speakers for RCD330

TDIDrive

Passed Driver's Ed
My front drivers door speaker has stopped working, maybe from a loose connection or it has blown. I'm looking to maybe just replace all 4 door speakers. My question is are all speakers compatible with the RCD330? Is there certain ones to avoid? I'm just looking to plug and play the speakers, i don't want to mess around with coding them to work with the RCD330?

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Any speaker will "work" the trouble might be if RCD330 has a specific EQ set for a particular set of speakers. That EQ will not be optimal for any other speaker, so although they will sound fine, and maybe even better than the original speakers, the EQ might not be optimal.

Mesty

I have the RCD 330 and I'm looking at putting a system in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions on subs, tweeters etc.?

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I have the RCD 330 and I'm looking at putting a system in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions on subs, tweeters etc.?

There are hundreds of great speakers available. What's your budget? Are you looking for just loud and clear, or are things like stereo image and stage also important to you? How much space are you willing to give up for a sub? Will you be keeping the RCD 330, or are you willing to swap it for something with better DACs and tuning features?

Mesty

There are hundreds of great speakers available. What's your budget? Are you looking for just loud and clear, or are things like stereo image and stage also important to you? How much space are you willing to give up for a sub? Will you be keeping the RCD 330, or are you willing to swap it for something with better DACs and tuning features?

I don't really have a budget. I want something loud and clear. I'd rather not give up to much space but would be willing to if I had too. I'd like to keep the RCD, but if something better comes along with Apple CarPlay, then I'd be willing to switch.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I don't really have a budget. I want something loud and clear. I'd rather not give up to much space but would be willing to if I had too. I'd like to keep the RCD, but if something better comes along with Apple CarPlay, then I'd be willing to switch.

Just about any aftermarket radio with apple car play is better, but it won't integrate into the dash as well. It seems a lot of people would rather have the OEM fit and finish over sound quality features, so you're not alone in wanting to keep the radio.

Without a budget, I would suggest going to crutchfield and doing some shopping. It's easy to fit a standard 6.5 component set (some may need spacers) so you have hundreds of choices. I'm running the Illusion Audio Luccent set, they are excellent speakers, but they are severely limited by the OEM head unit. Once you figure out a budget, I can help you narrow your search.

For a sub, are you going to build the box, or do you need something pre-built? Our cars are a little tough for subs, there are some enclosures that fit into the wheel well area to save space. If you don't do that, you can remove the foam around the spare tire to build a box, or you just have to set a box in the hatch. If you stick with a sealed box you can probably get up to about a 12", if you want ported you may only want to give up enough space for an 8".

I think you need to do a bit of shopping so you can see what things cost, and determine a budget. I also think you need to figure out how much space you're willing to give up for a sub, and whether or nor you're willing to buy/build an enclosure to fit into the wheel well, or near the spare tire.