GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please help!!

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Alright, I ran into bit of an issue yesterday. I flashed my car to cobb stage 1+ stock MAF and everything went smooth. Took it out in the road and did a few pulls and noticed noticeably more power. When i was coming back to park my car it began to shudder and backfire. It cut out twice before I was able to limp my way to a parking spot (100 yards). Turned the car off and ran the codes, multiple came up including failure in all cylinder and losing communication with ecu. Flashed back to stock and uninstalled the acessport and the same thing was happening, it would could over but began shuddering and wouldn’t idle. I should’ve done this earlier but now I opened the hood and saw the oil separator hose had popped off all along. Once reconnected my car started and ran but now idles somewhat rough, hot humid exhaust fumes only come or of one side of my exhaust and the dsg farts sounds somewhat wet i guess i could describe it. I did just get a 3 inch catback exhaust also (3 inch straight pipe with a hi flow cat and straight through muffler on my 3 inch down pipe). Has anyone ran into this issue? Running codes now and they only read as catalyst below threshold too so that why I’m confused. Thanks guys, I appreciate any feedback!

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

Uberryan

Banned
coil packs likely

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
What codes did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P0420 I believe it is now (catalyst not letting threshold). The other codes are gone now and I cannot remember what they technically were. They were misfires on all cylinders though and failed connection to ecu.

2013 GTI Wolfsburg edition 4 door DSG --> cts dogbone mount insert | custom nuespeed pflo cold air intake | rola roof rack | more to come....

jay_97

Had a similar experience (Big Backfire and then going to limp mode).
Was a cylinder misfire. I'd recommend getting an r8 coil pack and changing spark plugs if you can.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Had a similar experience (Big Backfire and then going to limp mode).
Was a cylinder misfire. I'd recommend getting an r8 coil pack and changing spark plugs if you can.

Okay, were you reading no misfire codes either? As of now i only have 1 code
And it is a p0420 which is for catalyst not netting readiness standards

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Its a blown Coil Pack I bet

That’s what i think too. Would it cause slight backfires when letting off throttle?

Uberryan

Banned
That’s what i think too. Would it cause slight backfires when letting off throttle?

Anything pertaining to ignition or fuel delivery would if there's an issue. If the coil pack is intermittent or dead, there is no power to the spark. The cylinder will either misfire or not operate at all.

Injectors could be a thing too, if they're gummed up. Intermittent fuel delivery will cause that as well. Start simple though, go with coils and sparks. If they're still OEM and you're tuning the car, they'll go anyway. Preventative maintenance if all else. Injectors have an extended warranty on them for 10yr/100k miles, so if it's those, no biggie.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Okay, thank you. I never did purchase an extended warranty though so if it is the injectors i guess I’m sol or is the warranty on the injector extended in itself?

fradooooo

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, were you reading no misfire codes either? As of now i only have 1 code
And it is a p0420 which is for catalyst not netting readiness standards

Have you flashed to stage 2 since installing the new downpipe? Also if you haven’t done the R8 Coilpacks and new plugs gapped appropriately you’re going to have a bad time. You will 100% blow a stock coil after tuning, only a matter of time.

Flamingti27

Ready to race!
Have you flashed to stage 2 since installing the new downpipe? Also if you haven’t done the R8 Coilpacks and new plugs gapped appropriately you’re going to have a bad time. You will 100% blow a stock coil after tuning, only a matter of time.

I have not. I’ve had the downpipe installed for maybe 8 months and just now flashed to stage 1+. After the flash i drove around and it drove nice but when I was rolling back into work it started misfiring and cut out. I started it again and had a hard time keeping an idle, limped it maybe 100 yards to a parking spot then shut it off. Read misfires on all cylinders and lost connection to ecu. Came back later and popped the hood and saw the pvc hose had popped off on one end. Reattached it and started my car, it started and idlers slightly rough. Now it drives almost normal but idles somewhat rough and dsg farts sound like wet is the only way i could describe it. I have no codes though besides the same code I’ve had for the Downpipe and i am back on stock tune. Also only one side of my exhaust carbon builds on and hot fumes come out of, other side just blows out room temperature air with almost no odor.

fradooooo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not. I’ve had the downpipe installed for maybe 8 months and just now flashed to stage 1+. After the flash i drove around and it drove nice but when I was rolling back into work it started misfiring and cut out. I started it again and had a hard time keeping an idle, limped it maybe 100 yards to a parking spot then shut it off. Read misfires on all cylinders and lost connection to ecu. Came back later and popped the hood and saw the pvc hose had popped off on one end. Reattached it and started my car, it started and idlers slightly rough. Now it drives almost normal but idles somewhat rough and dsg farts sound like wet is the only way i could describe it. I have no codes though besides the same code I’ve had for the Downpipe and i am back on stock tune. Also only one side of my exhaust carbon builds on and hot fumes come out of, other side just blows out room temperature air with almost no odor.

Flash to stage 2, that will clear the cat code and probably fix the exhaust issues. Also depends on the cat back you have, the exhaust may be directed out of one tip more than the other. But definitely flash stage 2 since you have aftermarket DP.