GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing an MK6 back from the grave - My Mk6 Story

:clap: Congratz on the CSG!
you sure are brave....

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
wow, I am impressed you are taking this on. Doesn't look that bad on the outside, I hope you find the same with the rest of it.

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Balls... you sir, have large ones.

Good luck and welcome!

I had a nick name (in certain crowds) in high school as Horse Balls, but i am sure yours are like bowling balls, good luck, i would never undertake this, too many unknowns, hopefully you won't have too many expensive surprises.

colslaw87

Ready to race!
What happened to the car? Why is it salvaged at ~5K ODO? I can't really tell from the pictures ... it doesn't look like there's tons of damage, unless they made exterior repairs just to sell the car :iono:

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
What happened to the car? Why is it salvaged at ~5K ODO? I can't really tell from the pictures ... it doesn't look like there's tons of damage, unless they made exterior repairs just to sell the car :iono:
It was hit in the front, driver side. It looks some repairs were made (mainly body work), but the car was not completed. I am assuming that someone took a loan out on the car and began repairs, didn't make their payments, and had the car repo'd.

We will find out soon!

VWTiger

I am the Stig
Best of luck. Nice upgrade from the Pontiac when all is said and done. If you don't mind me asking, what was the pricetag of the car as-is?

ruan9n

Ready to race!
Best of luck to you, it seems to be a nice project and undertaking. Some technical knowledge and what you don't know you can youtube or google anyhow, enough tools and a lift to work underneath the car should see you do this yourself.

It would seem necessary to remove that front bumper to inspect the cradle, maybe have a suspension shop check out wether everything is where it should be and working right.