GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1K off MSRP, good deal?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
right.. so which "invoice" did you get 3k under? the one they showed you? that's still DAMN good.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
oh, for a base that's nothing out of the ordinary. they must have given you a very high "invoice" number.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
oh, for a base that's nothing out of the ordinary. they must have given you a very high "invoice" number.

Not sure what you mean : I purchased the car for 30300(inc tag, tittle and dest) + tax,
4 door Base,

Edmunds Invoice : $33,403
Yahoo Auto Invoice: $33,403
True Car : $33,445 ( Unusual Low Price )

Plus tax on everything listed above...

That being said, I'm not sure how purchasing this car at 30,300 is not 3k under the " advertized invoice". I'm just saying that what they claim or what these websites claim, is NOT the real invoice. I also got .9% apr.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
gotcha.. I thought the msrp is not too much higher than that "invoice", that's all. Either way, a great discount off sticker and a great finance rate there :w00t:

carlos33018

Ready to race!
gotcha.. I thought the msrp is not too much higher than that "invoice", that's all. Either way, a great discount off sticker and a great finance rate there :w00t:

Yeah I know, it was a really good deal but it took me quite some time to get there. Just be patient and work with all the dealers in your area, they will try to push and pull but eventually someone will put something together. The mk7's are almost here so if you find a dealer that has a bunch of mk6 stock then use that to your advantage.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
getting out the door under msrp is not difficult. esp now with mk7 around the corner and being in June. 2014s are a 2 months away.

under MSRP, is easy. Getting under invoice is a little more difficult.

Fixed it. GTIs are a ways out..

this

Yep. Its easy as pie.

awesome.

Yeah I know, it was a really good deal but it took me quite some time to get there. Just be patient and work with all the dealers in your area, they will try to push and pull but eventually someone will put something together. The mk7's are almost here so if you find a dealer that has a bunch of mk6 stock then use that to your advantage.

If you have the free time, then great. I was already at 2 other dealers. It's a lot harder when trading a car in because there are more variables involved. My best buying deals have always been when I didn't trade a car in. My time is worth something too. Spending 3 hours at 10 dealers isn't something I consider fun. I don't have a lot of free time as it is. For all intent purposes maybe I got the car for 1K under invoice and only 16,700 for my trade. Who knows how they work the numbers in the end.

This is also a base car as far as pricing goes. There is a lot more mark up when there are options involved. I've always seemed to been able to "get a better deal" when I bought a car with more options vs base.

carlos33018

Ready to race!
under MSRP, is easy. Getting under invoice is a little more difficult.

this

awesome.

If you have the free time, then great. I was already at 2 other dealers. It's a lot harder when trading a car in because there are more variables involved. My best buying deals have always been when I didn't trade a car in. My time is worth something too. Spending 3 hours at 10 dealers isn't something I consider fun. I don't have a lot of free time as it is. For all intent purposes maybe I got the car for 1K under invoice and only 16,700 for my trade. Who knows how they work the numbers in the end.

This is also a base car as far as pricing goes. There is a lot more mark up when there are options involved. I've always seemed to been able to "get a better deal" when I bought a car with more options vs base.

Actually , I traded my gti along with the purchase of the r. I stepped into one dealership and that's when I purchased the car. Before you say they well they probably got you on the trade, I wanted 17500 on a 2 door 2010 gti with roof xenons and Detroits and I got it . That was excellent condition and average between all the books at trade in with all my options. Look I'm not saying to do the same or try to do the same , but the 7's are almost here, you're going to take a huge hit on value when those cars get here. Find a dealer that has a lot of Gti's sitting on the lot and take an invoice quote that you received from another Internet sales dept and trust me they will do better than invoice. Take your car to carmax and get it appraised , and look at the average trade in value of all the books, it's Not a hassle todo this, the dealer is doing the same thing to play games with you, now if you don't care and don't want to save some cash then just buy the car , but I assumed since you're posting here that you'd like a method to get the numbers down to the bare minimum, good luck.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ he already bought the car dude... like almost 2 weeks ago.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Actually , I traded my gti along with the purchase of the r. I stepped into one dealership and that's when I purchased the car. Before you say they well they probably got you on the trade, I wanted 17500 on a 2 door 2010 gti with roof xenons and Detroits and I got it . That was excellent condition and average between all the books at trade in with all my options. Look I'm not saying to do the same or try to do the same , but the 7's are almost here, you're going to take a huge hit on value when those cars get here. Find a dealer that has a lot of Gti's sitting on the lot and take an invoice quote that you received from another Internet sales dept and trust me they will do better than invoice. Take your car to carmax and get it appraised , and look at the average trade in value of all the books, it's Not a hassle todo this, the dealer is doing the same thing to play games with you, now if you don't care and don't want to save some cash then just buy the car , but I assumed since you're posting here that you'd like a method to get the numbers down to the bare minimum, good luck.

Everyone likes to save money :thumbsup:

I think based on my area (chicagoland) my result was satisfactory to me. I also appreciate a dealer that doesn't play games and am willing to pay a little more for a dealer that is up front and doesn't play a bunch of games. I asked for prices on a couple cars and they came back with all the break downs on paper, and decent prices first go around and a decent trade price. Some dealers you can spend 4 hours arguing over $100.

The dealer I went to before that one I wasted 5 hours of my friday night playing their numbers against another dealer. Working the price down and By the time I got into finance, they had a whole box of games there that jacked the numbers around and I just got up and left. What a waste of time that was. This dealer was so easy to work with that I was in and out in under 2 hours. Very pleasant experience. There is always room to knock more off the price, no doubt. My time is worth a price too though ;)

dcd1204

Hi guys
Im about to get my Gti and I wanted to know what would be the lowest I could go on a 2012 2dr M/T with navigation, xenons, and sunroof with 2800 miles on it. The price is at $21,800.

Sherlock997

Ready to race!
I think you mistyped some numbers there. a 2012 autobahn GTI with 2800 miles on it for 21k is a really good deal. I found that most dealers will take 13-15% off the total price of the car, that's including tax and all fees.