GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic MK6 GTI Exhaust Install and Review

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
ohhhh. same price as the neuspeed catback. tough call for sure. i thought it would be at least $100-$150 less.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
That reducing coupler... does it come w/ a 3" adapter for a 3" DP?

We have a few options with regards to the coupling to the downpipe

(1) A 3" to 60mm Adapter is included standard, that mates directly to the stock downpipe. No cutting, modifying, welding, etc.

(2) (Optional) 3" V-Band to 3" Slip Fit Adapter to mate to a universal 3" Downpipe.

(3) (Optional) If you already have our Downpipe, a 3" V-Band to 3" V-Band Link is included to mate the downpipe directly to the cat-back.

NOTE: If you purchase our complete Turbo-Back, the 3" Link is included standard.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
That reducing coupler... does it come w/ a 3" adapter for a 3" DP?

I have to make a custom center so I did not get the 3" adaptor but they do have one.

ohhhh. same price as the neuspeed catback. tough call for sure. i thought it would be at least $100-$150 less.

This is nicer worth every penny on how it fits, even you would say its perfect.

looks like JR! , i wonder how the quality in person compares to SPM and the v-band's

Vbands here are a different league the sealing interlocking rings make this a no brainer to install and it will never leak.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Love the UNI exhaust.. If I didn't all ready have a GHL TBE I would be all over this.. And the intake

KO7

Ready to race!
Looks like it doesn't hang as low as some of the other catbacks with rear muffler(s). Definitely pricier than a lot of the other choices with mid-muffer/resonator and rear muffler(s).

Looking forward to your video, hope you showcase the sound in a variety of situations!

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Vbands here are a different league the sealing interlocking rings make this a no brainer to install and it will never leak.

Sub'd for audio clips. Please don't just do one that's 5 seconds long and only shows what it sounds like at idle :D

Pretty happy with my exhaust but its still not lined up right plus who knows if/when it will slip or move around. Really love the v-band ring idea.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Looks like it doesn't hang as low as some of the other catbacks with rear muffler(s). Definitely pricier than a lot of the other choices with mid-muffer/resonator and rear muffler(s).

Looking forward to your video, hope you showcase the sound in a variety of situations!

Sub'd for audio clips. Please don't just do one that's 5 seconds long and only shows what it sounds like at idle :D

Pretty happy with my exhaust but its still not lined up right plus who knows if/when it will slip or move around. Really love the v-band ring idea.

Expect some go pro video, will be me and the s6 filming.

My cat and pipe from mandrel bending solutions came in today so will install on sunday.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
All installed and got a chance to drive it around yesterday. First impressions are that it has a nice deep sound that it not over powering. It also seem quieter than my old eurojet v2 in the cabin. Zero highway drone, you can easily have a conversation with the passenger. Very nice for 100% straight through 3" exhaust.

No soind clips yet, going to drive it more and have the exhaust break in (carbon up) to get its full sound.

EDIT: Drove it this morning sounds like OEM while on the highway, long road trips any day.

Last edited:

///Audience

Ready to race!
bump for sound clips?