GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
There are alot of them, Muskoka was only the start we were all over the place from breakfast to sunset, did over 600 km. The best one was the #507, just plug Catchacoma Ontario into the GPS and it will take you there. The #507 run is from Gooderham to #36 and then back but you can run the 507 North as well.

Enjoy!

Sounds great! I'll take a day out this weekend and hit up the 507 :laugh:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds great! I'll take a day out this weekend and hit up the 507 :laugh:
I'm heading out this morning but in a different car.

Took the Golf to the Don Valley Paint Shop for rust paint bubbles on the front fenders, they took pics and sent them in to VW, I'm told the earliest VW will contact me is February if I'm covered :mad0259:

Last edited:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I'm heading out this morning but in a different car.

Took the Golf to the Don Valley Paint Shop for rust paint bubbles on the front fenders, they took pics and sent them in to VW, I'm told the earliest VW will contact me is February if I'm covered :mad0259:

What the actual :mad: ?
Are you going to have them repaired or replace them?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
One big problem of note, was the heating of the Rear Brakes, I felt the rear wheels and it looks like the rear brake temps kept going up, in fact a bit odd that it was higher than the fronts. I'm not sure it it was because of the unpredictability of the rural roads were were getting into the ESC, so much, maybe the rear brakes NOT getting cooled.

BTW, we were running the Hawk HPS pads, not the Porterfied R4s. Brakes were last bled in September when we swapped pads and serviced/lubed up the brake calipers and sliders.

The golf is rear brake biased which is why the rears wear way faster than the fronts. Just changed my rear brakes and they had 2mm left. The fronts I didn't change as they have 8mm (if I recall correctly) left. I have also overheated my brakes in my TDI coming down out of the mountains and they turned to mush. I pulled over and expected my fronts to be red hot. The fronts were fine. It was the rears that were crazy hot.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
What the actual :mad: ?
Are you going to have them repaired or replace them?
I want them to fix what they are responsible for, but when they delay for months there is a good chance that they will allow the warranty to expire or find another excuse. There is a rust perforation warranty in effect for the early years, poor paint quality leading to premature rusting. You may not see any effect in your location

The golf is rear brake biased which is why the rears wear way faster than the fronts. Just changed my rear brakes and they had 2mm left. The fronts I didn't change as they have 8mm (if I recall correctly) left. I have also overheated my brakes in my TDI coming down out of the mountains and they turned to mush. I pulled over and expected my fronts to be red hot. The fronts were fine. It was the rears that were crazy hot.
Yes initial rear bias when you apply them but when you use the brakes hard the fronts catch up and actually get a bit hotter than the rears, coz they actually provide most of the stopping power.

2 mm is too low in my opinion, I change my pads when they get to 50%, after that braking gets inconsistent. Why skimp, it's for safety, especially when I drive like an A$$.

My 2 cents

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Oh-oh, I think I may have blew the AC Compressor !!! I haven't driven the Golf much since I got back from Muskoka , where I put alot o' hard km/miles with the AC on. This evening I started it to go get groceries, it turned over and started, then shuddered for a couple of seconds then things went back to a smooth idle. There is AC compressor oil dripping from the lower cover. It's too cold to see if the AC is working but I can smell the AC oil through the vent. :mad0259:

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Just did my brakes, and yes, my rears were pretty bad.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Oh-oh, I think I may have blew the AC Compressor !!! I haven't driven the Golf much since I got back from Muskoka , where I put alot o' hard km/miles with the AC on. This evening I started it to go get groceries, it turned over and started, then shuddered for a couple of seconds then things went back to a smooth idle. There is AC compressor oil dripping from the lower cover. It's too cold to see if the AC is working but I can smell the AC oil through the vent. :mad0259:
Any preventive services for the AC that you recommend doing?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Any preventive services for the AC that you recommend...
If Knew I woulda done it.:( I haven't really looked at the Compressor, as its dark now but that much oil dripping and smelling, what else could it be.

A few years ago I had a rock puncture the AC Condenser and all the R134 leaked out but there was no oil hitting the ground; plus I have alot of aluminum screening bunch up infront of the condenser to protect it, which I will remove tomorrow to check things out.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Bit of a mess oil everywhere so i just washed it down with engine cleaner and disconnected a connection to the compressor, I don't want to take a chance it coming on. Kinda late to put a dye in the AC refrigerant, I'll take a look again in a few days when it get warmer.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced the AC Compressor with a used Sanden from a rear ended '14 and drier as well today, simple unbolt and replace, I didn't vacuum or fill it with R134 yet, I did that before when the temps was around 70 F but at 50 F, I'm no Pro so ? on the pressures so I'll wait for a better day. The compressor should be fine til then, original oil fill still in there, the level should be the same or close.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Ordered these https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GMDT66Ztoday to match the H7 led bulbs I have.

Also got my spoiler extension a few weeks ago from Amazon(like v1nn1e's). Still haven't gotten around to installing it due to every day off I've had been raining:/

Looking like the winters will go on soon as well...sigh