GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK6 Mod

Blueteam

Ready to race!
Short Runner Intake.. not to be confused with a Short Ram Intake

For $2000 you can get one with software and you should be close to GTI territory .. I dont think with just the SRI and Software you will put down 203 wheel hp like the GTI but its pretty close say 180-190 or so.

It raises redline so your 2.5 doesnt take a poop at 5500 rpm.

And you still dont have the gearing of the GTI for faster times, but you also dont have the annoying turbo lag, and sensor issues that cuase surging and turbo stuff...

Best bang for your buck.. its the same price as just doing your rims.

Dont buy a nuespeed buy a Carbonio and watch out for puddles if you must buy a CAI..( i couldnt do it drive through too much rain) I'm working on a little something on my own to box in a short ram ( which to this day i have no idea why a boxed short ram is not available to us).

And if you absolutly have to beat a GTi ...just save up your money and go turbo... your gonna need alot of money...lol Dont buy a turbo kit without a larger SRI otherwise the gtis will still poop on you. The turbo kits using the stock intake are seriously weak.

From what i gather if you have a larger SRI you can expect over 300whp from the same turbo set up that would only give you 220 with the stock intake.

Last edited:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
nvm