GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stohlman or Linsdey for Service

DHS

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I have a 2013 GTI with APR stage 1. I purchased the car new (sans APR) at Stohlman, but then red about Linsdey as a mod friendly dealer.

Stohlman seems to be ok with minor mods: the service adviser told me APR stage 1 should not void the warranty. But, I thought I would ask experiences.

FWIW, I live near Stohlman, but work near Linsdey.

iainb

Passed Driver's Ed
We've been taking our cars to Curry's for years. When we lived in Fair Lakes we went to the Chantilly shop but since we moved to Gainesville we go to that one.

They've always been fair, honest and much cheaper than Lindsay.

Edit: as far as Stohlman my salesman has a Stage1 GTI and two of the techs drive heavily-modified Golf Rs. He'll, they have a bulletin board in w showroom covered with tuned VW cars from magazines, online, etc.

atikovi

Ready to race!
I bought a used ECM for $200 for a 2010 that woulda cost $1150 new. No independent shops would touch it and all the other VW dealers I called said it can't be made to work except Stohlman. Spoke with the shop forman there and he got it programmed for one hour labor.

RaymondStantz

I've used both. The techs over at Stohlman were occasionally pretty useless and that led to a tire being mounted backwards and a stripped oil pan. Luckily Jack, the service writer, was always ready to make things right for me. Unfortunately, Jack left recently, so I've jumped ship to Lindsay.

My experience with Lindsay? Great. Awesome waiting room, free snacks, clean and bright. Julia is amazing and will take care of you, especially if you're modified. For what it's worth, I've been honest about mods at both places and have never had an issue with warranty work.