GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just purchased a 2009 GTI

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
It's not your average automatic though.

Very true, if you haven't already you will fall in love with this transmission.

I think you need to read up a bit more on mk5 forum about your new car, and try posting in existing threads before creating a new one.

Enjoy your mk5!

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
I would imagine that would get quite confusing. I would prefer to use the metric system honestly, I don't subscribe the the standard system is better theory. I honestly don't know why it's called standard.

Luckily I was taught both in public school, so I am familiar with it, but of course everything in Canada is metric. It makes more sense to me than imperial system.

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
If it is, for sure, a 2009, it will be TSI.
2008.5+ MKVs are all TSI engines.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Suggestions: APR Stage 1 Tune, Intake, and if you can afford it, downpipe and/or turboback exhaust and go Stage 2.

If you do nothing else ever, the tune is the one thing you will thank yourself for the rest of the time you have the car.

Also please put the right grill back on there...I never understood why people like the badgeless look so much. It looks alright when its done RIGHT. However unfortunately yours was not done right, no offense.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the forum. First things first when it comes to mods, make sure the car is up to par on all the maintenance before doing anything. Give it a good inspection and look at any service records you may have gotten with it.

After that, going to say go with apr tune, intake and some suspension. Depends if you want to be static or have the adjustability of coilovers. Also price points. Coils are going to run you anywhere from $500 to in excess of $1500+ depending on what you go with.