GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Joe's MK6 Golf R - From the UK

SL03 JOE

Hi there peoples, thought id start with my build thread on here, seeing as im banned from the mk6 UK forum? not sure how? never been on it? haha!

So here she is, 2009 model, DSG, Blue 3 door.

as spec goes, i brought one with cloth interior as im going to be fitting Recaro CS's and saved a heap of money going cloth, then just normal spec R

Cars standard except for a kenwood headunit, does everything! even can plug in xbox/ps4! then a a set of wind deflectors!

as for plans:

looking into getting Air lift performance air ride kit + Accuair Elevel management
Recaro CS seats
Uprated front and rear brakes
Custom map by Storm to run 400bhp
Decat
TBE Exhaust - havent decided one which one yet
some wheels - again havent decided
ITG intake
smooth front end - no plate

then few just odd little bits, probable involving carbon :attention_whore:

other than that, will clean car today, give good detail and will get some more pictures of the car in its current state, and then i will update as it progresses!

All comments welcome + Opinions :thumbup:

Thanks for reading :thumbsup:
Joe

afctom

Ready to race!
Amazing car mate, absolutely perfect in Rising Blue with black wheels. Why would you change them, the stock R wheels are the best looking wheels you can get imo, are you after lighter ones?

If you do get the recaro seats and want to sell the cloth seats for a decent price, let me know as I've been after those for a while...

SL03 JOE

Amazing car mate, absolutely perfect in Rising Blue with black wheels. Why would you change them, the stock R wheels are the best looking wheels you can get imo, are you after lighter ones?

If you do get the recaro seats and want to sell the cloth seats for a decent price, let me know as I've been after those for a while...

Thanks mate, yeah i would like something that will fit the arches a bit more and also allow a good stance once lowered.

i will let you know once i've purchased some CS's

SL03 JOE

nothing happened as of yet, but awaiting to clean and fully detail the car today. also will be ordering some Carbon goodies within next couple of weeks and i've already sorted the Exhaust. awaiting it to be fabricated

SL03 JOE

Quick clean today then polish with some poorboys, front plate ready off for smoothing this week hopefully.

Crap iphone photos sorry.

SL03 JOE

Update:

So cars booked in for full service, including brake fluid, DSG and 4wd :D all At the expense the garage I brought the car from! :D

Also wheels should be here next month!

And just ordered this today! Will be the only one ever sold to the uk! And will be the only Golf R in EU with this diffuser.
Company have said once anyone else orders one they will
Notify me (not sure why?)

Anyway some pictures from there site:

Bad pictures I know, they have copy right on there website! As only diffuser in the world in this design!

Excited for it to turn up!

JayGTD

Looking good! Need more people from England on this forum. Jealous of the R, love them to bits. Wish i didn't have to get a diesel for a daily

NathyPhillips

Shame this thread has not continued, Im from the UK and aint seen many build threads from this country on the site. Car looks stunning by the way