GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

10k service

msm00b

Ready to race!
Welp, I finally got around to my 10k service today at 10400 miles. I took my handbook's advice and didn't change the oil prior to this and had no problems. Engine is much smoother with a fresh batch of synthetic in it ... better throttle response and more mellow revving. Tires freshly rotated/balanced ... and a fresh wash and tire spit-shine.

APR stage 1, converted to stock and locked the ECU. Nobody said anything about it. There was a partial ECU recall for the tire sensor which got repaired today, I about shit myself thinking they were going to completely revamp the ECU and make me go back to the APR dealership, but it didn't fck with my flash at all.

Riding smoothly :thumbup:

I'll probably be using Royal Purple for my next oil change ... and I'm debating letting it go another 10k vs changing it out in 5 or so. Thoughts?

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
It's not an ECM patch, it's a BCM (body control module) patch for the TPMS.

I've got 13k on mine since April, and changed it at 5k and 10k. I won't go 10k, not in a high revving engine like this with forced induction. I do it every 5k. They USED to give free changes every 5k, but moved it back to 10k for financial/business reasons.

BTW, I'll be in SA as of tomorrow, for a couple days, if you see a Shadow Blue GTI with Iowa plates...holla!

msm00b

Ready to race!
If I spent more time above 4500 RPM I would change it more frequently, but compared to what I hear on these boards I think I drive it fairly tamely.

I'll plan on future changes closer to the 5k-7k increments.